cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the # of CC inq affect car loan application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does the # of CC inq affect car loan application?

Your score is the determining factor for your interest rate, so inquiries do matter, because they have an effect on your score. But, it's not a major factor.

When it comes to auto loans, there are companies that will shop interest rates and offers for you. They will pull your credit and give you a list of CUs and banks they deal with and their interest rates they are offering you based on your score. Blue Harbor comes to mind, they are peddled by Credit Karma. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

To obtain the BEST interest rate and avoid too many new inquiries, I would secure financing before you go to the dealership. I agree with the others that a CU, over a large bank, may be your best choice for the lowest interest rate. It never hurts to garden before making a large purchase and allowing some of your inquiries to fall off. Best of luck OP!

Message 12 of 14
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I have had a different experience with Chase for my auto loan. It may because they are the finance company for Subaru and they gave me a competitive rate beating my pre-approved USAA financing. Chase may be different if apping for a car loan not affiliated with the maufacturer like Subaru.

Message 13 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Right now Chase is from 3.65% to 4.15% in my area depending on if you bank with them or not. PenFed is 1.99% for the same 60 month loan.

Not too mention Chase auto finance customer service is awful. Been there done that.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.