cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this balance transfer make sense

tag
BaileyCakes

Does this balance transfer make sense

I have a citi offer for a balance transfer. 0% Apr until 9/2014. Current balance is $1112 with a 2910 credit limit.

Only other credit card with a balance is chase, which is $994. Credit limit is $2100.

My total credit limit is $7910 as I have a VS and a capital one card with zero balances.

Doing the BT will put citi at 72% utilization but clear out chase. I realize my overall utilization doesn't change.

I'm looking to apply for a mortgage in January/February of next year. Current MyFico credit score is 672.

Should I leave it be?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does this balance transfer make sense

@BaileyCakes wrote:
I have a citi offer for a balance transfer. 0% Apr until 9/2014. Current balance is $1112 with a 2910 credit limit.

Only other credit card with a balance is chase, which is $994. Credit limit is $2100.

My total credit limit is $7910 as I have a VS and a capital one card with zero balances.

Doing the BT will put citi at 72% utilization but clear out chase. I realize my overall utilization doesn't change.

I'm looking to apply for a mortgage in January/February of next year. Current MyFico credit score is 672.

Should I leave it be?

Thanks in advance!

Transfer it... Mortgagtes look at total payments to income... having 1 payment will be less than having it spread on multiple cards.

and i assume your not at 0% on the other so the extra savings can help you pay it down faster.

Message 2 of 3
BaileyCakes

Re: Does this balance transfer make sense

Awesome. Thank you! Smiley Happy

And yes, the other card isn't 0%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.