Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this card exist?...

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Does this card exist?...

I'm looking for a general spend card that gives 2% back for all spend, that's a Visa, has a low or no redemption threshhold ($25 or less to redeem cash back), and no foreign transaction fees?

I think the only thing that comes close is Quicksilver, but I'm wondering if there are any credit products out there that meet this criteria and surpass 1.5% cash back?

Smiley Happy

ETA: ...and no annual fee!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does this card exist?...

Fidelity Visa has 2% cashback, not sure about the foreign transaction fees
Message 2 of 31
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Fidelity Visa has 2% cashback, not sure about the foreign transaction fees

While it has a low FTF (1%), it has a high redemption threshold ($50).

Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

why are you needing such low redemption amounts...
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh capital is good for no foreign transaction fee along with rewards.

Here are the only 6 credit card bank issuers that have rewards with no foreign transaction fees that I can come up with.
1. Capital one
2. Discover
3. HSBC
4. TD bank
5. USSA
6. Some credit union it started with "federal"

Capital one quicksilver is clearly the winner in coming closest to receiving rewards 1.5% along with no foreign transacton fee.

However all the other rest of the banks charge 3% of the purchases such as citi with its 2% double cash back. So if you decide to go with citi or bank of America on foreign vacations you better hope the $$ currency is less than U.S dollars because the foreign price will be that fee I'd hate it if it were a 3% fee in euros. hope this cleared the op
Message 5 of 31
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
why are you needing such low redemption amounts...

I would use the card to supplement one or two category cards and therefore my spend would be a bit more spread out, which is why it would take me longer to reach a higher redemption threshold.  I'm mostly just curious if such a card exists.  It seems like no card in particular currently checks all those boxes.

Message 6 of 31
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Fidelity Rewards Visa has a 1% FTF and redemption for gift cards, statement credit start at 25$ I believe but cash redemption I believe starts at 50$... I have the card and have not looked at the redemption minimum as I usually do it with higher amounts.

Cap1 Cash Rewards has 1,5%, no FTF and really easy redemption as well and depending on much much you use the card abroad it might come to the same

both no AF cards with low or no FTF.

Message 7 of 31
neverrain
New Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preffered has no FTF.

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep in mind at 2% it only takes $1,250 to get the a normal redemption. that doesn't take but a few months with mild spending.
Message 9 of 31
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ahhh capital is good for no foreign transaction fee along with rewards.

Here are the only 6 credit card bank issuers that have rewards with no foreign transaction fees that I can come up with.
1. Capital one
2. Discover
3. HSBC
4. TD bank
5. USSA
6. Some credit union it started with "federal"

Capital one quicksilver is clearly the winner in coming closest to receiving rewards 1.5% along with no foreign transacton fee.

However all the other rest of the banks charge 3% of the purchases such as citi with its 2% double cash back. So if you decide to go with citi or bank of America on foreign vacations you better hope the $$ currency is less than U.S dollars because the foreign price will be that fee I'd hate it if it were a 3% fee in euros. hope this cleared the op

Thank you for that!  

Quicksilver really does seem to be the most accessible and hassle free credit card for general spend.  I just wish there was a Visa out there that beats it in all the categories I outlined in my original post.

Smiley Wink  

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.