Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this mean I'm Chase Blacklisted??

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Does this mean I'm Chase Blacklisted??

I've got two Chase CO from 2007, still reporting on all three CB due to fall off within next 6 months. I checked the prequal site just for the heck of it. They have sent me emails before to "apply" for the Southwest Airlines card since I'm a SW rapid rewards member and fly all the time. Of course I DON'T apply because of the CO and my BK last year knowing it would be auto declined. Does this message mean I'm blacklisted??

"We are unable to locate any offers for you at this time. This may be because you have opted out of "prescreened" offers from Chase and other companies or you have recently responded to another offer from Chase. However, we may still have products to meet your needs. Please continue to Chase.com."

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Re: Does this mean I'm Chase Blacklisted??

No, it just means that your current credit snapshot does not meet the pre-qual criteria.

That might change with a lower utilization or longer time on other cards. It doesn't automatically mean blacklisted.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ok thanks boot!
I didn't know for sure what that meant and I have no idea about this pre screened offer thing.
Message 3 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@BootStraps wrote:

No, it just means that your current credit snapshot does not meet the pre-qual criteria.

That might change with a lower utilization or longer time on other cards. It doesn't automatically mean blacklisted.

Yes but if he has 2 CO's with Chase he is most likely Blacklisted with chase. Chase is A) Not BK friendly B) Won't forgive you for burning them and while isn't as bad as Amex still isn't willing to give you a card for a long time 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I never get offers!

apply for the marriott, that seems to be the easiest chase card!

others have had good luck with amazon being easiest but I had been declined amazon just a couple months before my marriott approval but my marriott approval followed getting a car loan, that seems to have really helped despite taking on more debt! stupid banks.

Message 5 of 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I never get offers!

apply for the marriott, that seems to be the easiest chase card!

others have had good luck with amazon being easiest but I had been declined amazon just a couple months before my marriott approval but my marriott approval followed getting a car loan, that seems to have really helped despite taking on more debt! stupid banks.

+!

All YMMV though. Couldn't get in with Chase until i got my Amazon visa card.  Honestly though if you have lower then 700 scores and don't have close to $5,000 limits the amazon might be easier to get. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Is everyone here forgetting that I had two CO with chase, have a new BK showing from a year ago, tons of Inquiries, lots of new accounts, and all scores below 660?? Lmao!!

Creditaddict!! You know my history! I can't apply for the Marriott with all that showing! I've got the amazon store card which is backed by GE/ synch not chase. I think I'll wait an apply in 2 yrs. all my inquires will be gone, my CO will be off reports, and scores hopefully 700, I'll be 3 yrs out of bk, and all new cards will be 3 yrs old. There's no way in heck chase would approve me for anything I don't think right now Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Is everyone here forgetting that I had two CO with chase, have a new BK showing from a year ago, tons of Inquiries, lots of new accounts, and all scores below 660?? Lmao!!

Creditaddict!! You know my history! I can't apply for the Marriott with all that showing! I've got the amazon store card which is backed by GE/ synch not chase. I think I'll wait an apply in 2 yrs. all my inquires will be gone, my CO will be off reports, and scores hopefully 700, I'll be 3 yrs out of bk, and all new cards will be 3 yrs old. There's no way in heck chase would approve me for anything I don't think right now Smiley Sad

i do always forget how recent your bk is... that's a no with chase!

Message 8 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I wonder why they tease me every few months or so with an email to "apply" for SW card!! Knowing I can't have it!! Lol!!
Message 9 of 11
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I wonder why they tease me every few months or so with an email to "apply" for SW card!! Knowing I can't have it!! Lol!!

Chase is just like that. I already have a Freedom card and I frequently get mail to apply for one.

IMO it doesn't say much about the bank if they don't care enough to keep track of what their customers already have. It also doesn't say much about them if they reject a potential customer and then invite him/her to apply a week later obly to reject again.

Just sayin...

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.