Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this mean I was Approved?

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Does this mean I was Approved?

I just tried to request a cli on my Bofa Platinum Plus (Unsecured) and they said based on my agreement with them I could never get a cli or a product change (im steaming mad at this point) so I just got on my computer and applied for the Secured card not carrying if I was approved or not. But I got this message and I dont know what it means:

Congratulations, we received your application!

You will receive your credit-building Secured Card 7 to 10 days after we successfully process your security deposit.

In the meantime, you may check your application status:

• Go to bankofamerica.com and select Credit Cards
  • Select Check Application Status
  • Enter the requested information just as it appeared on the original application
  • By continuing to make your payments on time, you may qualify for credit line increases in the future. In fact, the longer you use your card, the more likely you are to build a solid credit record.

Thank you for choosing a Bank of America credit card.

Message 1 of 14
    13 REPLIES 13
    Red1Blue
    Super Contributor

Re: Does this mean I was Approved?

50/50
    Message 2 of 14
    tempusfugit123
    Frequent Contributor

This really sucks. All I wanted in the first place was a secured card and then they give me a card that cant even get any increases or product change. I feel like writing them a letter. If im denied is their any way I can write a recon letter or do they only do that with normal cards.
    Message 3 of 14
    Woolfman
    Established Contributor

Others here are more informed than i am . But i read that as you were approved for the secured card.

Do people actually get turned down for a secured card? 

Message 4 of 14
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

call the backdoor number for BOA right away and talk to a credit analyst, they'll be able to assist you on the spot, don't wait 7-10 days... Mostlikely something the computer saw on your history, other accounts, or just a simple address verification needed.  Call them.

good luck

Message 5 of 14
    Red1Blue
    Super Contributor

If your deposit check goes through with out any hickups you should get your card with in 7-10 days some times even longer. BOA might also do another credit pull before they send out the card.

Yes, one can be declined for the secured card also if certain conditions are not met. Looks like in your case you over came that issue. Make sure your deposit check does not bounce and no more new baddies appear on your credit report before they ship out the card.

Message 6 of 14
    tempusfugit123
    Frequent Contributor

Thanks concord,

Hopefully it does go through. I also found my orginal agreement for my Platinum Plus (Unsecured) card and it does say im eligible for increases. I dont want to be stuck at $500 forever. Is there anyway I can tell them they are wrong.

Message 7 of 14
    mphan
    Contributor

How long have you had this unsecured card?
    ---------------
    In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
    Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
    ---------------
    Message 8 of 14
    tempusfugit123
    Frequent Contributor

Ive only had it for 4 months so I sent a message to customer service asking at 6 months could I request a cli. They said that my credit card could NEVER get an increase and never get a product change. I argued that if I knew this I would have never agreed and that it never said anything about me never getting an increase. Now they are saying that to get an increase anytime in the future that ill have to apply for another card. Im just upset. Hopefully I am approved for a secured card. I knew I should have started with it anyways rather than going unsecured.

I thought at 6 months that I would be eligible for an increase? Ive seen so many people getting increases. Ive never heard of an unsecured Platinum Plus never being able to get an increase.

Message 9 of 14
    moondog7324
    Frequent Contributor

Do you pay fees on the other card?

How much are you putting in the account to secure it? I reccommend at least 1G

At your age- you are doing awesome- just to be concerned enough about your credit and to discuss it.

I think your looking good for approval.

Message 10 of 14
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.