cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this mean my AMEX is successfully backdated?

tag
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Re: Does this mean my AMEX is successfully backdated?

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Congrats! Mine was backdated and it took an additional 2 statements to cut before mine were backdated on my CRA's. Sadly it had no effect on my score which I was really looking forward too since it made my TL go from 8 mos to 2+ yrs. Ohh well.

Oh, that stinks. I'm not sure if it'll have any effect on my score either. I'm at 3.75 yrs right now I believe.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 11 of 23
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Congrats! Mine was backdated and it took an additional 2 statements to cut before mine were backdated on my CRA's. Sadly it had no effect on my score which I was really looking forward too since it made my TL go from 8 mos to 2+ yrs. Ohh well.

Oh, that stinks. I'm not sure if it'll have any effect on my score either. I'm at 3.75 yrs right now I believe.

I coded my own AAOA calculator. If you PM the opening month and year of your accounts, I can tell you what it will be. Or you can just Google for an AAOA calculator. There are plenty online Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 23
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

I coded my own AAOA calculator. If you PM the opening month and year of your accounts, I can tell you what it will be. Or you can just Google for an AAOA calculator. There are plenty online Smiley Happy

I might look into that tonight when I get home. Thanks!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 13 of 23
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

That's strange. When my BD reported, my original AAOA was higher than yours and is still a bit higher now, my score jumped to the 770's. I was previously in the 740's.

That's what I thought, maybe Score Watch just has not caught on to that yet? It was in the last two weeks.

@OHWWCB wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Let me know, because I really am interested. I though I would have a nice increase.

Message 14 of 23
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

That's strange. When my BD reported, my original AAOA was higher than yours and is still a bit higher now, my score jumped to the 770's. I was previously in the 740's.

That's what I thought, maybe Score Watch just has not caught on to that yet? It was in the last two weeks.

@OHWWCB wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Let me know, because I really am interested. I though I would have a nice increase.

To what year were you BD? It probably hasn't. 

Message 15 of 23
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

2004. I pulled EQ today and it says 5/21/2004 - opened account.

Message 16 of 23
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

2004. I pulled EQ today and it says 5/21/2004 - opened account.

You were indeed BD. Hmm.  That's weird that your score didn't change. I know AAOA is a small part of the calculation, but given the fact that you went from <1 to >2, you should have seen a bump. 

Message 17 of 23
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

I'll keep an eye out, my old auto loan has not been cleared from my CRA and my new has not yet reported. So we will see. My AAoA in terms of revolving is right @ 2 but with my new auto loan my AAoA is at 1.8. That includes my most recent CC from the CU so I figure by October maybe November everything will be up to date so we will see then. My AAoA would go even higher if my PRG would report but it has not yet (it's as old as my Everyday) - I've gotton mixed answers about this card reporting though. Some say it does and some say it does not. I hope it does for AAoA reasons because then mine would increase to about 2.8.

Message 18 of 23
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@I'll keep an eye out, my old auto loan has not been cleared from my CRA and my new has not yet reported. So we will see. My AAoA in terms of revolving is right @ 2 but with my new auto loan my AAoA is at 1.8. That includes my most recent CC from the CU so I figure by October maybe November everything will be up to date so we will see then. My AAoA would go even higher if my PRG would report but it has not yet (it's as old as my Everyday) - I've gotton mixed answers about this card reporting though. Some say it does and some say it does not. I hope it does for AAoA reasons because then mine would increase to about 2.8.

Hopefully it does. That would definitely be great!

Message 19 of 23
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@I'll keep an eye out, my old auto loan has not been cleared from my CRA and my new has not yet reported. So we will see. My AAoA in terms of revolving is right @ 2 but with my new auto loan my AAoA is at 1.8. That includes my most recent CC from the CU so I figure by October maybe November everything will be up to date so we will see then. My AAoA would go even higher if my PRG would report but it has not yet (it's as old as my Everyday) - I've gotton mixed answers about this card reporting though. Some say it does and some say it does not. I hope it does for AAoA reasons because then mine would increase to about 2.8.

Hopefully it does. That would definitely be great!

I actually looked at Score Watch and it still says opened 5/2014 so maybe it just has not updated on Score Watch yet.. I really hope that's the case. I have excellent pay history and keep UTL under 5% and a great mix of accounts I think it's just the lack of AAoA preventing me from breaking FICO 700's at least on my EQ.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.