Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does type of card matter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does type of card matter?

@EdwardMH wrote:

I had a Comcast bill in 2009 that went to collections dropped of my credit then bought by Stellar recovery Inc and reported by them to Equifax once on  10/31/2014, and twice to Experian on 10/29/2014 and 11/14/2014. The bill was $312. I tried several times to call Stellar Recovery to make a arangement to pay for deletion but EVERY time I called I was transfered to a answering machine that was full and unable to leave a message on. I finally called Comcast to see if they had another number I could call but instead they said I could pay them, In the process of tracking down the $312 bill we found one for $7, and another for $26 at differant adresses so I paid them all in full with the promise that it would be deleted from my Credit they said they would tell Stellar recovery to remove it. I wont know till next month if they will do it. I am afraid Stellar Recovery will want me to pay them back for what they bought the Debt for and from what I have read they do not delete accounts they report.

This seems to happen a lot with collection agencies. I think there should some kind of law that when they are unwilling or unable to respond to a consumer's attempt to resolve the debt the entry is removed.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.