cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does util on an auth user cards affect my fico scores?

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does util on an auth user cards affect my fico scores?

@tcbofade Thank you so much for your input this is a great idea and I am going to try it!

@parakleet its not unethical, i don't use the card for myself and never have, we use the card to purchase clothing occasionally for his mother who lives overseas. Since she is the same clothing and shoe size as me I will often go without him to "try on the items" and purchase them to send to her. Thats the only reson for haviing me as an Au on the card at all.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 11 of 12
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Does util on an auth user cards affect my fico scores?

@MissCredit9

Actually, I don't think it's relevant that you don't use the card for yourself. Plenty of people use the AU method to build credit history for a relative but don't give them access to the physical card or the account. The fact that you admit that you do use the card contradicts the idea of "disputing" the item on your report. If you don't want to be an AU and someone added you as one without your consent, that would be a different matter of course. But when you consent to being an AU on an account( regardless what the purpose is) I don't see how it would be ethical to dispute the AU on your report. But hey, people obviously have different comfort levels with how they want to control what's on their credit report.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.