cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesnt anyone get approve for the BofA secured card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesnt anyone get approve for the BofA secured card?

My cousin got denied! Thats crazy!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Doesnt anyone get approve for the BofA secured card?

I went to thier web site and done the Soft pull "lets see what we can do for you" type thing...

No options for 99/500 card, thier are other CCC that are willing to set you up. I'll wait on BOA, one day they will want to give me a card.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

lookingfor700 wrote:
I went to thier web site and done the Soft pull "lets see what we can do for you" type thing...

No options for 99/500 card, thier are other CCC that are willing to set you up. I'll wait on BOA, one day they will want to give me a card.

You have to apply for one of their regular card's and if you are turned down for it, they may counter with the 99/500 card.
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

On the pre-app site, if you have opted out, you won't get an offer of anything, including the fully secured card. My feelings were kinda hurt until I figured this out. Smiley Happy

Also, even though BofA almost always pulls EX (and frequently TU) for the for-real app, on the website they soft EQ. So if your EQ is really stinky, that might be a factor.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help ya'll. I went on a App. Spree 2 weeks ago and i hurt myself.( i misunderstood how to raise CC Utli %). Not thinking all those new Accounts will lower my history. If i ever recover and some baddies fall off, Ill try them. I have been getting my feelings hurt by these $500 CL on the new cards i got. I did get a Chase card, so it wasnt all that bad. Thanks for thr Recon #'s guys and gals.
 One would think if i havent had a late payment on anything in four years, they would give me a chance, but car payments and house payments seem to be way differnt than a CC.

CC are Evil!!!Smiley Wink

Message Edited by lookingfor700 on 05-22-2008 01:50 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Badcreditguy wrote:
My cousin got denied! Thats crazy!

To get back on topic, my friend was also recently denied.  I felt really bad for her because she only applied after I told her my "Cinderella" secured to unsecured BoA card story.  A popular misconception is that there is "no" risk to lenders with secured cards, but that's not precisely true.  Consequently, if a person's credit is "really" bad, it's entirely possible that some lenders will deny the person any credit whatsoever.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

lurknomore wrote:

A popular misconception is that there is "no" risk to lenders with secured cards, but that's not precisely true.

I completely agree with this statement!

Also, BofA likes unsecure their cards within a year or so, so they will deny even a secured card for those who they believe may not qualify to unsecure even after a period of time with perfect history on the secured card.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.