Established Contributor
Badcreditguy

Doesnt anyone get approve for the BofA secured card?

My cousin got denied! Thats crazy!
Established Member
lookingfor700

Re: Doesnt anyone get approve for the BofA secured card?

I went to thier web site and done the Soft pull "lets see what we can do for you" type thing...

No options for 99/500 card, thier are other CCC that are willing to set you up. I'll wait on BOA, one day they will want to give me a card.
Valued Contributor
stef37

lookingfor700 wrote:
I went to thier web site and done the Soft pull "lets see what we can do for you" type thing...

No options for 99/500 card, thier are other CCC that are willing to set you up. I'll wait on BOA, one day they will want to give me a card.

You have to apply for one of their regular card's and if you are turned down for it, they may counter with the 99/500 card.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

On the pre-app site, if you have opted out, you won't get an offer of anything, including the fully secured card. My feelings were kinda hurt until I figured this out. :smileyhappy:

Also, even though BofA almost always pulls EX (and frequently TU) for the for-real app, on the website they soft EQ. So if your EQ is really stinky, that might be a factor.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Member
lookingfor700

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the help ya'll. I went on a App. Spree 2 weeks ago and i hurt myself.( i misunderstood how to raise CC Utli %). Not thinking all those new Accounts will lower my history. If i ever recover and some baddies fall off, Ill try them. I have been getting my feelings hurt by these $500 CL on the new cards i got. I did get a Chase card, so it wasnt all that bad. Thanks for thr Recon #'s guys and gals.
 One would think if i havent had a late payment on anything in four years, they would give me a chance, but car payments and house payments seem to be way differnt than a CC.

CC are Evil!!!:smileywink:

Message Edited by lookingfor700 on 05-22-2008 01:50 PM
Frequent Contributor
lurknomore

Badcreditguy wrote:
My cousin got denied! Thats crazy!

To get back on topic, my friend was also recently denied.  I felt really bad for her because she only applied after I told her my "Cinderella" secured to unsecured BoA card story.  A popular misconception is that there is "no" risk to lenders with secured cards, but that's not precisely true.  Consequently, if a person's credit is "really" bad, it's entirely possible that some lenders will deny the person any credit whatsoever.
FICO: 8/08 - TU 718; EQ 702; EX 733 (Bonafide 700 club member!)
Next goal: 750s across the board!!
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

lurknomore wrote:

A popular misconception is that there is "no" risk to lenders with secured cards, but that's not precisely true.

I completely agree with this statement!

Also, BofA likes unsecure their cards within a year or so, so they will deny even a secured card for those who they believe may not qualify to unsecure even after a period of time with perfect history on the secured card.
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}