Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing a small BT?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doing a small BT?

Hello,

I have a quick question. I was going to do a BT from Barclay rewards to my Discover card.

I have a 0% 12 Month offer from Discover, I was going to transfer $300-400 to the discover card as my Barclay is 24% APR.

Now I can pay that to Barclay, but I had a few things popup, and wanted to put that to better use right now.

Is this too small of a BT? Would this red flag either Discover or Barclay?

I guess I am asking if anyone reading this has done small BT's before, and what if any reaction did they get.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Doing a small BT?

the size of the BT isn't an issue. but according to barclay it's "bad practice" to BT from barclay to another bank but it's "good practice" to transfer from another to barclay. that info is taken from the ones who provided the "tips" that barclay gives their Ring holders so don't argue with me until you see it yourself.

not to say they'll do AA on you, but just throwing it out there. i would still do it if it saves you money. i am possibly doing it for $300 from my barclay just for the heck of it lol.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 2011XTERROR!

I was more worried the amount might look bad to Discover, I am not too worried about Barclay as I only have a 1000.00 limit with them and do not expect it to grow much if at all. But I do appreciate the tip about Barclay.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

np. seemed weird when i read it but oh well lol. and discover won't care that's why they offer BT promos
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.