New Contributor

Re: Doing the math on the Chase Sapphire Preferred...

FYI - I just opened the Chase Sapphire Preferred today (8/21) and the spend was only $2000 in 3/months. You should call them to have them match.

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Contributor

Thanks so much, I will! This seems more doable for me:smileyhappy:

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
New Contributor

Yes I agree! I saw the lower spend and thought I could do it. I'm going to use the service williampaid.com to try and pay my apartment payment each month....two months rest....presto! 40K points!!!

01/11/13:

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Established Contributor

I decided to call and the CS rep was able to change me over to the new $2000 promotion.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
New Contributor

Nice work!!

01/11/13:

New Contributor

Just FYI: williampaid charges 2.95% for a credit card transaction. Assuming your rent is ~$1,000/mo, you'll end up paying $60 in transaction costs to get rewards of essentially $400. That's 15% of your entire bonus package. Unless you need the points immediately, I'd see if you can spend it over the 3 month period and save yourself $60.

NFCU nCash Rewards - $25,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $13,000
Chase Marriott Premier - $10,600
Chase Freedom Signature - $10,000
AMEX Costco - $6,000
USAA - Full Member

Credit Score: 776 (EQ 08/2014)
Frequent Contributor

compassion101 wrote:

I'd just not worry about the util until you are planning to apply for credit. Then pay before the statement date that month. All the other months just use the extra 3-4 week float and pay on time

This. Your util, and your credit score for that matter, only matter when you are applying for credit. If you need to spend big once and your util spikes, no big deal it'll just go back down the next month when you PIF. Your score doesn't have a memory of past util like it does with baddies, it's just a snapshot of the now. If you don't want to bend over backwards to control reported util that month, you don't have to unless you are applying for something right then.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

Good to know, thanks everybody!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Contributor

WHich number did you call? I called the Chase app number listed in the Backdoor thread and spoke to an overseas rep who told me that it would not be possible to change the terms of the iniital offer:smileysad:

Contributor

severine wrote:

WHich number did you call? I called the Chase app number listed in the Backdoor thread and spoke to an overseas rep who told me that it would not be possible to change the terms of the iniital offer:smileysad:

Try calling the number on the back of your Sapphire... Should be US-based phone support.

Alternatively, you may just want to send a Secure Message via the online banking system detailing your request.

.ılılıll | CK/TU FAKO [770] // CS/EX FAKO [789] // QZ/EX FAKO [724] // EX FICO [763] | llılılı.
Chase Hyatt [$9K] // AMEX SimplyCash [$8K] // Chase Freedom [$7K] // PenFed Platinum Rewards [$6.5K] // AMEX Clear [$6K] //
Citi Forward [$6K] // BoA Privileges Cash [$5K] // Discover it [$3.5K] // Citi ThankYou Preferred [$2.2K] //
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.