cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dominos guy took my card and inputed it himself vs swiping?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dominos guy took my card and inputed it himself vs swiping?

I wasnt trying to.  Didnt mean to come off that way.  I have a $750 qs1 so not trying to judge anyone lol.

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you can swipe your card at the table then clearly its a garbage place.  Ive NEVER heard of that.  Ive also never been to chilis or olive garden or any trash "restaurant" like that.  Dominoes included.

Guess that means every restaurant in Europe is garbage then. Cat Wink

I wish pay at the table was more common here. We had the chance to finally push it too with the new cards they've been mailing out but nope, looks like they'll still be able to take cards away at restaurants.

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I have been to restaurants where you can order from a tablet at the table, pay at the table, etc. The server (waiter or waitress is an antiquated term IMO, differentiating sex), just brings the drinks and food. I personally hate that. It's very convenient for some people but I personally like to ask questions and usually order my food specially (yes, I'm THAT ahole lol) and I don't want to have to learn how to be a server to input it correctly in the screen. I also never use grocery store self check out. Hey, if I wanted to be a cashier I'd get a job at SaveMart Smiley Wink. I always end up needing help with those machines anyway (especially for stuff that has to be weighed, buying alcohol etc). When I'm paying someone for a service outside of my home I want full service that I pay for lol. Why should I have to go to work when I'm trying to treat myself to dinner? Bill Burr has a great bit on this lol.

OP - I'm sure you're fine, especially if you had to sign a receipt.
Message 23 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I hate how the tablets at the table charge to play games. That's the worst xD
Message 24 of 32
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How is dominoes fast food but chilis isnt? If you can swipe your card at the table then clearly its a garbage place.  Ive NEVER heard of that.  Ive also never been to chilis or olive garden or any trash "restaurant" like that.  Dominoes included.

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL In the berg where I live, going to Olive Garden would be considered a fantastic treat and would require a long evening out or even a weekend adventure because the nearest one is so far away. To each his or her own I guess, but even if Olive Garden isn't to your taste, it's hardly trash to most of us.

To keep this on topic, I agree OP that you probably don't have a problem in the circumstances you describe.

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wastewater pump stations can't tell who spent a lot one night over another either.
Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen a couple of our local restaurants now have their servers bring a mobile reader to the table. Both higher end and more upscale casual places do it. They place your order, make changes, and swipe your card on it. It's much easier for everyone!
I don't consider a place that utilizes modern technology to improve the customer experience "garbage", but hey I'm not as amazing of a person as you. You are so special, thank you for gracing us with your high presence!
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've seen a couple of our local restaurants now have their servers bring a mobile reader to the table. Both higher end and more upscale casual places do it. They place your order, make changes, and swipe your card on it. It's much easier for everyone!
I don't consider a place that utilizes modern technology to improve the customer experience "garbage", but hey I'm not as amazing of a person as you. You are so special, thank you for gracing us with your high presence!

Interestingly the places around here that have upgraded to chip didn't bother to get the mobile readers; the only way you'd know they used the chip is from what it says on the receipt (or if you used some non-American/the Diners Club card, when the server comes back and asks you to come to where the terminal is).

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol I have been to restaurants where you can order from a tablet at the table, pay at the table, etc. The server (waiter or waitress is an antiquated term IMO, differentiating sex), just brings the drinks and food. I personally hate that. It's very convenient for some people but I personally like to ask questions and usually order my food specially (yes, I'm THAT ahole lol) and I don't want to have to learn how to be a server to input it correctly in the screen. I also never use grocery store self check out. Hey, if I wanted to be a cashier I'd get a job at SaveMart Smiley Wink. I always end up needing help with those machines anyway (especially for stuff that has to be weighed, buying alcohol etc). When I'm paying someone for a service outside of my home I want full service that I pay for lol. Why should I have to go to work when I'm trying to treat myself to dinner? Bill Burr has a great bit on this lol.

OP - I'm sure you're fine, especially if you had to sign a receipt.

oh you're one of those people Smiley LOL

anyway, i wouldn't worry too much about manual entry, that happened to me couple times at mountain mike's.

Message 29 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:
That's why I order dominos online for delivery. Free delivery with Shoprunner (free with amex xD)

really I didn't know this about shoprunner and free dominos delivery.. thank you.. These days ordering a pizza after tip and delivery fee it is close if not over 20$ crazy!

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.