cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Apply For That New Card! Ask for a CrossGrade!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't Apply For That New Card! Ask for a CrossGrade!

So I recently had an issue where the university I attend stopped accepting VISA and my school card was a visa and wasnt willing to put the charges on my other cards. I called BofA, told them what was going on and they gave me a cross grade to a World Points MasterCard! Its got decent rewards, they dropped my interest rate to 11% and bumped my line of credit just because. Its also a really nice looking card! 

http://promotions.bankofamerica.com/ccsearchlp5/assets/card_mc_worldpoints.png

Just wondering if you guys had any tips and tricks when doing this. I currently have a BankAmericard Visa 321 as my primary and the Bank Of America World MasterCard as my School card. I dont like having more than 1 card from each company (only 1 visa, mc, discover)... I want to get a card from chase but its a visa and would like to convert my BankAmericard to an Amex... Think thats possible?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't Apply For That New Card! Ask for a CrossGrade!

I did the same thing with student card back in 2010. I asked for a MasterCard and they gave me the worldpoints, but the color was different from yours. Just be aware that the points are not equal to 1 cent. I recently convert that to a mastercard version of 1-2-3 card. you can do the same if you like cash back more than points

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I recently had an issue where the university I attend stopped accepting VISA and my school card was a visa and wasnt willing to put the charges on my other cards. I called BofA, told them what was going on and they gave me a cross grade to a World Points MasterCard! Its got decent rewards, they dropped my interest rate to 11% and bumped my line of credit just because. Its also a really nice looking card! 

http://promotions.bankofamerica.com/ccsearchlp5/assets/card_mc_worldpoints.png

Just wondering if you guys had any tips and tricks when doing this. I currently have a BankAmericard Visa 321 as my primary and the Bank Of America World MasterCard as my School card. I dont like having more than 1 card from each company (only 1 visa, mc, discover)... I want to get a card from chase but its a visa and would like to convert my BankAmericard to an Amex... Think thats possible?

I don't see why Bank of America wouldn't PC to an Amex but possibly 60 days after last PC like Amex (real American Express) does.

But I would care more about rewards then only having 1 Visa, 1 MC, 1 Discover, 1 Amex... I see 1 card per bank but why Amex with BofA just because you want a Chase Card but it's Visa?

Message 3 of 6
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Which Chase credit card are you interested in? The Chase Freedom? They do offer it as a Mastercard. Try searching for it on Mastercard's website.
Message 4 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My mom has chase freedom world mc and my dad has chase freedom visa sig. Ive seen both cards so I definately agree that you can ask for either version of the freedom.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 6
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

how come i cant find that card in bofa website? im thinking about changing my student plat plus to something else.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.