Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Know Much About Love...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't Know Much About Love...

So, I have this Walmart MC card that I rarely use, however it bothers me that the CL is for 1800, I like round numbers.  Since I don't use the card, I don't need a bigger CL, so save your suggestions for 5k-to 20k CLI, I only would want an extra $200, so I don't have to see that 800 number again.

I have never used the love button, it is an SP, correct?  If one uses it, can one request an specific amount or is it up to their computer to come up with a number.  And is a $200 CLI permitted or is their a minimum?  Maybe $1200 CLI would work?  What I don't want is to get a flat $3000 or $10000 CLI and end up with $11800 in CL.  I HATE that 800 number I been looking at for too long...  HELP!Smiley Embarassed

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Don't Know Much About Love...

inb4 ocd

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

call Credit Solutions and tell them exactly that. they will bump you $1200. you do run some $$ through the card on occasion, correct?

yes they are both soft pulls (Credit Solutions and LUV button)

Message 3 of 11
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

The Luv button tends to spit out numbers between 150-200 dollars for me. YMMV though.
EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

call Credit Solutions and tell them exactly that. they will bump you $1200. you do run some $$ through the card on occasion, correct?

yes they are both soft pulls (Credit Solutions and LUV button)

Very rarely do I use it.  Even though I do buy at Walmart.com, their card gives 1% rewards for their own store!  That's why I wanted to squeeze a $200 CLI.  But, I feel funny calling asking for that.  I always put myself on the other side and think if I were a CSR and some weirdo were going the extra mile to call me and ask for a $200 for a card he rarely uses.... something is up!  That's why I prefer to deal with computers!  They don't care if they are talking to weirdos!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigDEElight wrote:
The Luv button tends to spit out numbers between 150-200 dollars for me. YMMV though.

So they don't give an option for one to request or suggest an specific CLI?

Message 6 of 11
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigDEElight wrote:

Nope. You put in your income and hit go, and it spits out a new limit.  

Mine went 400, 800, 1400, 1900.

Message 7 of 11
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

call 1 800 I need a CLI

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigDEElight wrote:

Nope. You put in your income and hit go, and it spits out a new limit.  

Mine went 400, 800, 1400, 1900.

Apparently that darn computer doesn't like good solid numbers, dammit!  Thanks for the info.  I guess I'll have to evaluate if it's easier to live with the "800" or with making that ackward "give me just $200, please" call.  Credit panhandling might be in my future, urgh!

Message 9 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

HELP!Smiley Embarassed 

Sorry, I can't help with your obsession over numbers.  You'd need to seek out a professional. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

Since I don't use the card, I don't need a bigger CL

...and you wouldn't benefit at all from lowered utilization?

@Anonymous wrote:

But, I feel funny calling asking for that.

What's more important: eliminating the non-round number or not feeling funny? Answer that question and take the appropriate action based on that answer.

Can't speak to this specific creditor but most will happily CLD upon request so you could request a decrease to a round number after the CLI request.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.