cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Use All Those Cards In One Place For Xmas Shopping!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't Use All Those Cards In One Place For Xmas Shopping!

OUCH-
The DW and I call this type of shopping "Damage"

@Anonymous wrote:
My Holiday list (all for the new house if the current owner gets the &^%* title problem solved and we can settle - they need a quit claim and can't find the person (somewhere in TX) or any surviving relative)
New Living Room Furniture
New Family Room Furniture
New Master Bedroom Furniture
New MB Linens
New MBath set-up
New Kitchen Furniture
New Office Furniture (tax deductible, thankfully)
New Color Laser Printer/Scanner/Fax (tax deductible)
Pool & Poker Tables
New Window Treatments
PAINT!!!!!
3 DLPs and 1 Home Theatre System
I think my Citi card will be maxxed and PIF a few times at least and HD will get a work out along with JCP
Should help my CLIs - and eventually my scores.

Message 21 of 23
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

If you are online shoppers, be sure to enter your favorite shopping site through fatwallet dot com where they share their click fees with you in the form of cash rebates (ranging from 2% to 9% that I've seen so far).  Plus, they always know about special coupons and sales.  They have tons of sites

Last weekend, I purchased a few items for my new house and not only did I discover the items I wanted on sale, I also ended up with $34.90 in cash rebates from fatwallet.

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-07-2007 06:18 PM

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-07-2007 06:19 PM
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I really can't do in-store shopping unless it's during a weekday when folks are at work and I get there early before lunchtime.  Shoppers get crazy around Christmas and I just don't have the strength to get in there and bang with those women!  Plus, parking is crazy at the malls and I am awfully **bleep** when it comes to parking my G35 in any spot unless it's an end one because as sure as I'm typing this, some "hoopty" or big SUV will park right beside me even if there are 1001 other spots!

Nope, people get on my nerves too much this time of year so I am hitting up amazon.com, jcp.com and a host of others AND giving lots of gift cards.  It used to be fun to go Christmas shopping but no wit's so crowded it's like a chore.  I can't do it anymore.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.