cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Use All Those Cards In One Place For Xmas Shopping!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't Use All Those Cards In One Place For Xmas Shopping!

Ok, fellow creditmongers, how many of you are ready to start using all those new credit cards you've received in the past few months for Christmas shopping?  I know how you're just itching to get started!Smiley Very Happy 

Merchants are standing in line waiting for us as I type this.  I have already started ordering on line and buying in stores.  My daughter wanted a Nintendo DS Lite and she's getting one thanks to Best Buy!  I also got her a game and a cover for the Nintendo. (Her list doesn't end there).

Oh well, lots of other gifts to buy so I'm glad I have large credit lines.  How about you??
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't Use All Those Cards In One Place For Xmas Shopping!

dw wife put 700 on her fingerhut account, 150 on seventh ave, and about 40 on my amex so far. if i know her it's the tip of the iceberg!
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a feeling is it going to be a weird Xmas-

I feel retailers are going to be very aggressive in markting and sales - early

Retailers are anticipating a VERY competitive holiday season- take advantage.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I am MsQ!  I app'ed and got 3 cc's especially for the X-mas buying insanity.

Started buying last week(all online of course), with a D&B cross-body bag for the granddaughter. And a computer game for 1 of the grandson's. I will not do what I've done in years past and wait until after Thanksgiving to start. Too stressful.

I'm just so anxious to do serious shopping when the sales start. Hope they start before end of November though.
Message 4 of 23
Cory
Established Contributor

I too can't wait for christmas. I will call all CCC's and request an credit line increase. This is the time I think best to do it.

Cory
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
I have a feeling is it going to be a weird Xmas-

I feel retailers are going to be very aggressive in markting and sales - early

Retailers are anticipating a VERY competitive holiday season- take advantage.

Already been getting a lot of coupons for store cards and even free shipping if ordering on website-
however- just a friendly warning to everyone-

Even if you have zero percent- try not to charge what you could not PIF. Just a friendly reminder.
Message 6 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I can never even begin to figure out what to buy before December 18 or so. We don't put up the tree until somewhere around the 20th. The whole holiday thing keeps going into January.

I would like to pretend that we're celebrating the original Twelve Days of Christmas, but actually, we're all just too discombobulated to get it together any earlier. But seriously, I went into Home Depot last night to sign the contract on new carpeting and hardwood flooring, and they had the clearance Halloween ghouls next to the artificial Christmas trees. That's just wrong!!! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I can never even begin to figure out what to buy before December 18 or so. We don't put up the tree until somewhere around the 20th. The whole holiday thing keeps going into January.

I would like to pretend that we're celebrating the original Twelve Days of Christmas, but actually, we're all just too discombobulated to get it together any earlier. But seriously, I went into Home Depot last night to sign the contract on new carpeting and hardwood flooring, and they had the clearance Halloween ghouls next to the artificial Christmas trees. That's just wrong!!! Smiley Surprised

When I was growing up we didn't put the tree up until Christmas Eve- and then leave it up 13-14 days after Christmas.

I do the total opposite. I go nuts at Christmas- like a decorating freak- right on the same day as Thanksgiving I start.

But yes- Halloween right by Christmas smacks of lunacy.
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bah, Humbug!
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anderson wrote:
Bah, Humbug!

Come to my house and you won't be Scrooge anymore. Everyone LOVES to come to my house at Christmas- yes, I am one of those crazy people who every year add another lawn decoration to the collection- I have a million lights up and around...
and I decorate my inside like it is a Christmas wonderland- every single room gets done with decorations and three of the four rooms get a tree and the kitchen too-
people are like kids in candy shops when they come over to look at all the decorations I do-
and I don't even have kids!!!

Want some badly- DH too. Maybe Santa and Jesus will bless us this year.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.