Did you mean: 

Don't be afraid to close

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Don't be afraid to close

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Anything 760+ is High Achiever and that's good enough in my book.

Your AAoA is decent. I won't app at this point if it means mine will go below 4. I will be happier when it goes back over 5. Once it is back over 5 there won't be a big problem keeping it up with 10 or 11 TL's reporting. (All but one open and all active.) With 11 TL's adding a new account only dilutes your AAoA by one month, which is easy to make up.

The assumption that a closed positive TL will remain on your CBR for ten years is valid in theory. The reality is that they frequently disappear before that. Two years from now when that positive TL you were counting on for eight more years goes away that's it. Once they are gone they are gone forever.

With 10 -15 yr accts and a new one if my math is correct my AAoA would be higher if mine did drop off early.

That's you, You're not everybody. We know you're special!   Smiley Tongue
Message 21 of 24
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Your AAoA is decent. I won't app at this point if it means mine will go below 4. I will be happier when it goes back over 5. Once it is back over 5 there won't be a big problem keeping it up with 10 or 11 TL's reporting. (All but one open and all active.) With 11 TL's adding a new account only dilutes your AAoA by one month, which is easy to make up.

The assumption that a closed positive TL will remain on your CBR for ten years is valid in theory. The reality is that they frequently disappear before that. Two years from now when that positive TL you were counting on for eight more years goes away that's it. Once they are gone they are gone forever.

As a point of fact to back up your statement my Experian report shows 35 accounts my Equifax shows 24. A computer cannot be deleting my accounts prematurely so there must be some mighty angry mean spirited people working for that outfit.

Message 22 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

As a point of fact to back up your statement my Experian report shows 35 accounts my Equifax shows 24. A computer cannot be deleting my accounts prematurely so there must be some mighty angry mean spirited people working for that outfit.

Ah, but it can be! It is called bumpage. (I have no idea if bumpage is a taboo subject on this board or not.) The basic idea is that EQ and TU have a limited amount of space for "stuff" in your credit record, so old stuff will get "bumped" out by newer stuff. In theory it isn't supposed to happen but does when you have a large file. What's going to get bumped and when? No one can tell you - but it does happen. Just keep your fingers crossed that it is your INQ's and not your 30 year old TL's.

This is not supposed to happen with EX. However I do have soft INQ's disappearing on my EX file without explanation.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 09-10-2009 05:19 PM
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With 10 -15 yr accts and a new one if my math is correct my AAoA would be higher if mine did drop off early.

That's you, You're not everybody. We know you're special!   Smiley Tongue

Well none of us are everybody  Smiley Very Happy
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.