Valued Member
kayeraven

Don't know whether to apply for new credit card

My FICO scores are 645/648.  I investigated obtaining another credit card just to increase my total credit limit, which would reduce my debt to credit ratio;  however, the only card that would consider me had a 23.9% interest rate (I did not submit the app after seeing that.)  Afterwards, it occurred to me that since I have no intention of using the card in the first place, the high interest rate issue is moot.  Would taking this step increase my FICO score?, or would the increase be so insignificant as to not be worth the effort?  I believe the credit increase would be between $2-3K.

Thaniks! 

Starting Score:585
Current Score: EQ 656 TU 680
Goal Score: 700
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished."

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Don't know whether to apply for new credit card

Moving to credit cards.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Don't know whether to apply for new credit card

What bank are you applying with?

whats your current limits look like?

Util on current accounts?

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}