Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't read if High Utilization scares you - PayPal SC

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Don't read if High Utilization scares you - PayPal SC

In July PayPal SC let me charge up to 125% of my limit.  

I let it close at that level (Horrors!).   There was no increase in minimum payment or any other issue.  

I PIF'd about 2 weeks before due date.   Then I paid off the new charges early to have next statement at $0 balance( Want to get Utilizaton down for September, considering some apps).   

PayPal SC just closed yesterday,    Just checked it and got a 55% CLI.      Utilzation is even better than I planned.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DVH1980
Contributor

Re: Don't read if High Utilization scares you - PayPal SC

Bonus!

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 2 of 4
Jlu
Established Contributor

Wierd that you didn't have an increase to your minimum payment. Generally T&C's state that any amount over your CL will be due immediately and will be added to any minimum payment due.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Wierd that you didn't have an increase to your minimum payment. Generally T&C's state that any amount over your CL will be due immediately and will be added to any minimum payment due.

I was wondering about that.    Of course, if I did not PIF, they would have made a bundle in interest, so minimum payment is best for them in that case.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.