Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't understand Citi Bank...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't understand Citi Bank...

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I decided that Citi asking for a hp was actually probably reasonable because they haven't pulled a new cr since July of last year when I applied for my Simplicity card.
So I took the plunge with an hp and asked for 20000
Its up in the air of what they'll approve but the card is 4 years old, so they might do it. Will update with decision.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 33
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Just tried doing a credit limit transfer from 2 of my cards to my Diamond Preferred card and they wouldn't do it.
I was told they stopped reallocation in 2009 when government restrictions made them do it that way.
Was trying to get my 3100 limit up so I can make use of BT options. Does anyone know if this is true or were they feeding me a line?
Kinda frustrated with Citi right now. They wont allow any cl increases till I allow them to pull a full report and I'm trying to get my inquiries down,not ad another.
Any info is appreciated. Thanks

AFAIK, it's a YMMV thing.   Some members have reported having luck with closing a card and asking for that CL to be moved to an existing card.  That may or may not require an HP.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, total bs.  HP is the only way.  Citi Thank You Preferred was in my last app spree and they're sending me info so I can verify my credit report???  I have 2 cards with them now!  If it wasn't for the HP, I would have just said forget it.  Lots of #'s on here to call but they all lead in the same direction.

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

GL, let us know the outcome. I had gotten a HP Increase on my TY Preferred last spring (didn't realize it was a HP, didn't read carefully). At the time I had that and the DP which I didn't use either much at all. I then PC'd the DP to DC and wanted the higher limit on that. I was told it would be a HP but it wasn't. I presume since they'd recently HP'd for the CLI. 

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you're having problems. I'd just split up the BT's between cards if it won't all fit on one.

I have 3 Citi cards and have never had issues with them.

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the UW directly 2 weeks ago and asked for a cli  ($25,000), took a hard pull and had to wait 2 days. Received a call back and they increased my cl to $22,500 from $5,500. I've had the account for one year with a two year 0% intro apr and also had a bt available.

I'm very with with Citi, they are tough but man they are rock solid with cl.

Message 16 of 33
Berk
Established Contributor

My experience with Citi and trying to move trade lines around is much like everyone elses. I have a TYP and Simplicity. I asked for a CLI on my TYP and was denied a SP CLI. I am at my soft pull exposure with Citi - (36K). I never use the Simplicity card so I asked if I could just close the card and move the line over to my TYP. I was told that I could ask for a CLD on the Simplicity down to $500.00 and ask for a CLI on my TYP, which would require a HP. I said thanks but no thanks and called back three months later to try again and was told the exact same thing. Its a pain but I love the points on the TY card so I'll stick with Citi.

Message 17 of 33
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I decided that Citi asking for a hp was actually probably reasonable because they haven't pulled a new cr since July of last year when I applied for my Simplicity card.
So I took the plunge with an hp and asked for 20000
Its up in the air of what they'll approve but the card is 4 years old, so they might do it. Will update with decision.

Good luck. I hope it works out for you after all of this.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn't. Look at my edited post. Really unhappy with Citi right now. Going to close 2 of my 3 accounts today. Cant win them all
Message 19 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update

Just got my reply from taking an hp for a credit limit increase on my Diamond preferred. 

They completely refused to increase it a single penny.

Stating that I was at the maximum they allow at with the income provided. Realllllllly... 53000 a year isnt enough to get a cli on a 3100 dollar card. My total exposure with Citi between all 3 cards is only 13000.

Needless to say I'm a  little upset with Citi, they even pulled Experian so I  took a hp for nothinggg.

Beleive I'll have to end my relationship with Citi.

Sometimes that's in your best interest to end the relationship 

However don't make rash decisions based on not getting what you wanted at the present time and knowing it would require a HP to find out 

I mean the card doesn't have an AF so whats a Lil more time?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.