Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with Amex

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

Re: Done with Amex

Well this is new to me. I apped for the Delta Gold and got approved last month and now im wondering if i got hp. I already have the BCE card which I've had since October last year. They won't give me a CLI on my bce because I've only been with them 6 months.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 21 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

While I can appreciate your frustration, I see nowhere where Amex stated that "SP if declined" is the rule. That's really just an anecdotal thing carried along on here and it has no basis in an official Amex policy. While it is typically how it works, anytime you are applying for a new credit line, whether with an issuer you already have or not, you should anticipate and expect a HP. Any other card you applied for (i.e. outside of Amex) would have required a HP anyway.

While I'm not quite sure that this event qualifies (IMO) being "done with them", it's up to you, and best of luck.

Message 22 of 27
C6Guy
Established Member

As far as my credit history it's not long roughly around 3 years rebuilding. I have over 50K in credit and only using 5K of it. That 5K is spread out through my credit union card, it and sallie and freedom. My cu showed 700/3000 my discover was showing 700/2000 balances and my sallow mae 1800/4000 freedom 800/3500 these are all at 0% financing. I have my cap one 0/10,000 and I have my sallie as recent cards. That might be it. I did have a bunch of inquires in 07/2013 for a car loan maybe that. Haven't missed a payment since I rebuilt. What is the recon number I will call today. But in general that's why I'm like wth?
Message 23 of 27
C6Guy
Established Member

Also KDM it isn't just the decline that's made me want to be done wkth them it's the annual fee on a card I don't use. I was on the fences and this just pushed it over.
Message 24 of 27
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@C6Guy wrote:
Also KDM it isn't just the decline that's made me want to be done wkth them it's the annual fee on a card I don't use. I was on the fences and this just pushed it over.
Get a card W/O an AF

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 25 of 27
dethkultur
Contributor

Before giving up completely... call for a recon on the revolver. Call 3 times if you don't get the answer you want, as a current customer in good standing you ccan make a good case, and make the HP mean something.

Then by all means close the Green card.

Message 26 of 27
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@dethkultur wrote:

Before giving up completely... call for a recon on the revolver. Call 3 times if you don't get the answer you want, as a current customer in good standing you ccan make a good case, and make the HP mean something.

Then by all means close the Green card.

I would be cautious with an AmEx recon because they usually HP again and unless there was an issue with the credit report they pulled previously, then the decision probably won't change. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.