Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with First Access, they are weird about payments too

tag
kade6767
Contributor

Done with First Access, they are weird about payments too

A while back when I was still working on rebuilding my credit I got the First Access Card. It was a $300 limit. I think at the time there was only one small

fee they charged so that's why I took it. I didn't use it too much but when I did, I mostly paid the balance in full. One month I had a $40 balance and paid

it off the following month, then, I charged $250. Well, after I made the $250 payment, they blocked my card from use. When I called, they explained that

since it was such a "large" amount (boy, I almost couldn't stop laughing, $250 is so large?) they would need to see bank information and other things

so that they knew it was really my account. Really? Because you think someone is wasting time with fraud with such a low amount? Anyway, she tells me

I can't use the card until they are assured they got the payment. I said, it's already been cleared by my bank, like a week ago! She says the hold will be on

the account for ten days or something. I ended the call and forgot about the card. Well, now it's like a month and half later, I am paying bills and checked

this card. The available credit shows $300. I went to use the card for $20 and it's denied. Called and the girl tells me the card is blocked until they receive

all this info. I immediately asked the rep to cancel this card and explained I want it to reflect that I was the one asking for the cancellation. I wrote a follow-up

letter and also cut the card in several pieces and sent it off to them. I am hoping I don't have any issues with them.

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Done with First Access, they are weird about payments too

@kade6767 wrote:

A while back when I was still working on rebuilding my credit I got the First Access Card. It was a $300 limit. I think at the time there was only one small

fee they charged so that's why I took it. I didn't use it too much but when I did, I mostly paid the balance in full. One month I had a $40 balance and paid

it off the following month, then, I charged $250. Well, after I made the $250 payment, they blocked my card from use. When I called, they explained that

since it was such a "large" amount (boy, I almost couldn't stop laughing, $250 is so large?) they would need to see bank information and other things

so that they knew it was really my account. Really? Because you think someone is wasting time with fraud with such a low amount? Anyway, she tells me

I can't use the card until they are assured they got the payment. I said, it's already been cleared by my bank, like a week ago! She says the hold will be on

the account for ten days or something. I ended the call and forgot about the card. Well, now it's like a month and half later, I am paying bills and checked

this card. The available credit shows $300. I went to use the card for $20 and it's denied. Called and the girl tells me the card is blocked until they receive

all this info. I immediately asked the rep to cancel this card and explained I want it to reflect that I was the one asking for the cancellation. I wrote a follow-up

letter and also cut the card in several pieces and sent it off to them. I am hoping I don't have any issues with them.

Good riddance and I would keep all relevant info in case actions need to be  taken at a later time.

Message 2 of 3
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Done with First Access, they are weird about payments too

Seems like the best decision you could've made. Keep us posted on how it shows up on your reports.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.