Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done

tag
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

Done

Well, after simply stating that it is more or less my business for why having "so many gas cards" My line of text was removed by "WhirledPeasPlease on 07-26-2008 07:31 PM"

I suppose now I know what it's like to not have simple statements evaluated and appreciated.

It's been nice being involved in this community. Though, I think it's time that I left. For voicing my opinion, I am targeted, in so far as my comments were made out to be vulgar or not tolerated.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Done

You're leaving? Are you taking those gas cards with you? I'd sure like to have one, if you don't mind. It's costing me roughly $250-$280 a month on gas purchases alone WITHOUT any rewards to compensate for it. So, if you would be so kind as to throw one of your gas cards towards this peasant woman, I'll pray daily that many a blessings will fall your way. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

OP,

I'm sorry you feel like your were wronged by me.  Please understand that personal attacks or messages that are meant to incite others will not be tolerated.  Below you will find information from the user guidelines for myFico. 

Inappropriate material

In the spirit of a healthy and helpful community, profanity, spam, personal attacks, flaming, and other inappropriate postings are not tolerated.  Such material may be edited or removed, and egregious or repeat offenders will be banned from future participation in FICO Forums.

Thank you,

Peas

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 14
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

$250 to $280......... Rookie !!!

I'm burning through that a week !!!

I'm so happy I have a PenFed Plat Visa with 5% back on all gas purchases.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 14
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Quit bragging! Smiley Tongue

PenFed denied me for lack of recently established credit since BK. I guess they don't realize that you are not allowed to acquire new debt while in Ch 13. Oh well, figget them!

$250-$280 is from cutting back on driving and downgrading on gas grade. If I were driving more often, it would be at least $150-$180 more a month. Sooo, can you make me an AU on that PenFed CC so I can get some money back too? Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 14
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I think that DW might have a problem w/ that one !!!

And I really wish it were something I couldn't 'brag' about ! I'd rather be getting rewarded for other purchases.

I hope you have success w/ them in the future, they denied DW for the same reason. She wasn't too thrilled to say the least. Especially after I recommended them to her because they were listed as BK friendly here. Turned down for an auto refinance by them too a couple of months later. You figure it had collateral so they would at least extend that.
She has scores in the low 700-high 600's and a clean report since BK. Go figure.

She never let's me forget (among the many other things that she never lets me forget).

LOL.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 14
Uniqua
Established Contributor

LOL. Have you thought about making her an AU on your CC?
Message 7 of 14
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Uniqua wrote:

$250-$280 is from cutting back on driving and downgrading on gas grade.
Well, if your car doesn't require premium, you really shouldn't have been using it in the first place.  Higher octane gas actually lowers the combustibility of the gas for higher compression engines so that it doesn't combust prematurely (detonation).  If your car doesn't require it, you're wasting your money, as all it will do is lower your gas mileage.

Just FYI

eta: but if your car does recommend premium or you have anything higher than like a 9.5:1 compression ratio, USE IT.  Detonation = VERY BAD!

eta2: I just realized how terribly off-topic this thread is, and I feel bad for contributing.  Although it really wasn't about credit cards to begin with....   so my response stays Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by thrasher865 on 07-27-2008 08:41 AM

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was this thread all about lol
Message 9 of 14
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Thanks for the advice, but at this point it is too little too late. With the age of the car and the price of gas, I really can care less about the recommended grade. I need to get to and from and not lose my home because all my money is going into the gas tank.

Since I'm in the market to buy a new car soon, I'll remember your advice and use the premium if in fact it is recommended. With my taste in vehicles, I'm sure it will be.

Now, who is going to give me a gosh darn gas card?!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.