cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont want to seem to desperate but......

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Dont want to seem to desperate but......

I currently only have 3 credit cards

Target-500

Best Buy- 1,100

BOA-500

I think the credit limits are ridiculous i end up making 6 seperate payments (especially my target) a month because the limits are so low and i pressed the luv button for best buy only to get a $200 cli i explained to someone in the store i needed a good limit to finance the purchase of a laptop and tv ive wanted for 3 years. She wanted to pull my credit again. Should I call and ask or should I wait it out. I spend about 1,500 a month a target and 2,000 every 6 at best buy i always make payments to make sure i pif every month so i dont know if that helps. I hate being selfish but i know they see that i am being responsible with the credit they have given me. I hate being close to my limit because it makes me look bad personally.

Thanks and happy new year!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Dont want to seem to desperate but......

Since you just got a CLI for BB recently, I would wait another 6 months before your next request. From what I heard, HSBC (Which backs your BB card) can be pretty lousy when it comes to limit increase. And yes, I dont really trust what CSR reps say. You should be able to get a CLI on the Target and BOA now that your at the 6 months mark.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

How old are the accounts?
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 10
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

They are only 6-7 months old (yes very short) but I would like to wait it out a couple more months but im tired of making several payments just to get what I want. Im guessing I should wait.
Message 3 of 10
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

The girl that worked at bestbuy said i could get an increase easy if they pulled my credit again but i didnt trust her. i hate being denied so i rarely try for credit.

Message 4 of 10
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I shop at both stores frequenly (as in ever day). I have shopped at best buy everyone knows my name i recently gave in and applied for the card measly limit compared to how much i spend there monthly. Im a big gamer/ entertainment girl im trying to finance an apple comp for school (im going into design school).

Im just being naggy today.....

Message 5 of 10
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Since you just got a CLI for BB recently, I would wait another 6 months before your next request. From what I heard, HSBC (Which backs your BB card) can be pretty lousy when it comes to limit increase. And yes, I dont really trust what CSR reps say. You should be able to get a CLI on the Target and BOA now that your at the 6 months mark.
Message 6 of 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

i have had the bb mc since 11/07 no cli love auto or when i called in ever!! but i do remember reading a post a few months ago that said you could go into the store and sometimes have a better chance getting a cli there on your bb card..i pique'd my interest but i havent done..i'd love to have the apple desktop or the laptop i have a $2000 limit on my card but with some of the extras it would be more and i dont want that card being maxed and killing my util
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 7 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

I hate being selfish but i know they see that i am being responsible with the credit they have given me. I hate being close to my limit because it makes me look bad personally.

No, it lowers your FICO score and puts you at risk for CLDs.  I take it from your post you have a young credit history.  Please be patient and dont apply for any more credit/ask for a CLI  for at least 6 months to a year.

What are your current scores?  Check out Bill Me Letter (approval rates on scores that is).  They may offer a 6 month no payment no interest rate and you just get an INQ and it doesnt report on your CR, unless you dont pay them that is.  If you can PIF in the 6 month time period, that might be an option in 6 months for you.

Please slow down on your credit hunt since you dont want to risk what you have. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can hang in there a few more months until these cards turn a year old you will stand a better chance.  Just keep paying on time.

Do not carry  more tha 5 or 6% util if you can.

Message 9 of 10
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

No im not new to credit. After reading these forums for about 2 years I have risen my score more than 200 points in a year. All my Ficos are around 670'ish now. I had better credit in the past but lost my job due to pregnancy and had my Chase/Cap1 accounts closed. I talked to a rep everyday to have them report my account with no lates and it is now in good standing. Im not trying to go on an app spree or anything I just wanted to know if there was anyone I could talk to or how long I should wait until I see some sort of improvement in the limits I was given. I pay all my accounts in full every month sometimes leaving about 10 to show usage. I never go too out of control with my limits the max I use is 65% and I always pay in full. The only reason I pay several times a month is because I learned only to use 30% of the limit so thats what I do and I pay it back right when I make my purchases.

I think Im pretty wise with the credit I was given I just wish they would give me decent limits. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.