Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dormant activity score drop...

tag
aav
Established Contributor

Dormant activity score drop...

Lost 4 points on eq fico for dormant activity...but I haven't stopped using the card. I have regular activity  (an Amex credit score subscription) on it that I pay every month. It's not a big drop in points, but it's not accurate.. =(

"An account that has been inactive for more than 4 months has become recently active"

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Dormant activity score drop...

Hmmmm. Did you perhaps let that card report a balance where in previous months you paid before the statement cut?

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

Hmmmm. Did you perhaps let that card report a balance where in previous months you paid before the statement cut?

+1; likely lost points from number of cards reporting a balance; I've had that message come up and been flat too, it's not a FICO negative in and of itself.

        
Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@aav wrote:

Lost 4 points on eq fico for dormant activity...but I haven't stopped using the card. I have regular activity

Has it actually been reporting balances during the dormant period?  Individual transactions aren't reported so that definition of activity isn't relevant.  It's what's reported that matters.  The scoring models can only use the data in your reports.  They can't access your accounts to determine activity.

Message 4 of 5
aav
Established Contributor

I see what you are saying, guys. You're right! It may not be reporting... That's Credit 101 on these boards lol I can fix that Ty 

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.