cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double (2%) Cash Back Bonus from Discover :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double (2%) Cash Back Bonus from Discover :)

I wonder ~ has anybody got this similar offer from Discover or not ~

Called them and asked question regarding the posted cash back I earned on my statements.  At the end, the rep told me that I have special Birthday Offer from Discover.  Which is during the April, they will give me 2% Cash Back Bonus on every purchases up-to $500 spending = $10 Birthday Bonus!!  This is additional to the current promotion.  They will give me $75 (which is 5% of $500/mo x three months) bonus if I spend at least $500 or more in any categories every month on March, April, and May.  * I know some of you got similar offer in different cash back and cap amount.

Please let me know if you got one.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Double (2%) Cash Back Bonus from Discover :)

I never received an offer like that.   But I  have received an offer from them offering me more cashback to quickly reach $25.00.  I forget what the deal was.  I think they gave me $10-$15  if I  made a purchase at a particular store. 

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be nice if they can offer me to earn more Cash Back than just 2% up-to $500.

Well, since I switched my majority of spending on from Chase Freedom VISA to Discover More in March, April, and May to reach minimum of $500/mo to get $75 Cash Back Bonus in anyway, this little 2% = $10 is definitely help me nowadays gas price! 

Message 3 of 25
MAstudent07
Contributor

I too am an April baby...and signed up for the special birthday reward. When I received the e-mail, I thought that was thoughtful of them. No other card has ever offered anything special for being born.

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MAstudent07 wrote:

I too am an April baby...and signed up for the special birthday reward. When I received the e-mail, I thought that was thoughtful of them. No other card has ever offered anything special for being born.

Good!!    Is it same % and cap? or different?

Message 5 of 25
KatherineLee
Valued Member

I got a similar offer -but for the month of March.

I just got the card March 9th or so (birthday was March 7th).  The offer I was told about was 2% cash back on all purchases during the month of March up to $500, which leads to up to $10.00 in rewards.

So naturally I charged all my monthly expenses on my Discover More so I could *just about* reach the $500 mark. 

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KatherineLee wrote:

I got a similar offer -but for the month of March.

I just got the card March 9th or so (birthday was March 7th).  The offer I was told about was 2% cash back on all purchases during the month of March up to $500, which leads to up to $10.00 in rewards.

So naturally I charged all my monthly expenses on my Discover More so I could *just about* reach the $500 mark. 

Happy belated Birthday  Katherine!!    So, you made it just in time ~ right on!

Ok ... it's same offer. 

That's I am going to do too.

Message 7 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I'll have to see if I get the same offer for my birthday in May.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I'll have to see if I get the same offer for my birthday in May.

Good!  Then let us know ~  I believe this B.D Cash Back Offer is something NEW.  I would like to know do/did they offers/offered different % and cap or not.

Message 9 of 25
MAstudent07
Contributor

It is the same reward as yours. "enjoy your birthday with DOUBLE Cashback Bonus on up to $500 in purchases throughout April"

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.