Did you mean: 

Double Cash Arrived

tag
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: Double Cash Arrived

@mikelo22 wrote:

I guess I'm an oddball because I like the look of the card. Smiley LOL

But, no, I wouldn't waste a HP on a CLI. Just wait six months for a SP CLI request online. 

I completely agree. I, too, like the look of the Citi Double Cash. I think it looks very unique, and the appearance corresponds with its rewards structure. It looks even better with the silver MasterCard logo on the back. I'd take it over my Citi AA card any day when it comes to looks. 

Message 21 of 53
Maximuss
New Contributor

I took an HP when i got mine to go from $4200 to $10000. Worth the hit on EX IMHO.

Message 22 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Well as title says the new Double Cash just came in the mail. and I must say. It is hideous. Yuccck. but even though i only have a 2k limit it clearly says World on the back. or front which ever way you look at it. not sure. can this be?. Im a little to chickened to call and ask for an increase after i activate it. as i know citi will want another pound of flesh (HP)Smiley Sad

Whoo Hooo!!!!  Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy  I know the feeling.  Never asked for one myself.    Look at me now:

Chicken_Dance.gif

Message 23 of 53
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:
Hehehe. I feel ya. I see where they did the hp a couple of hours ago. But I've not heard a word from them. Is this normal?

It depends taxi.  When did you submit the request, like how long ago?  What amount did you request for CLI?  Usually, during normal business hours, they can turn it around anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours (sometimes sooner).  Otherwise, some of these CLI requests (if approved) will be seen on the next business day.  If declined, then you'll likely see a letter in your Statements & Documents section of your Citi dashboard.

Message 24 of 53
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Sharingan wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

I guess I'm an oddball because I like the look of the card. Smiley LOL

But, no, I wouldn't waste a HP on a CLI. Just wait six months for a SP CLI request online. 

I completely agree. I, too, like the look of the Citi Double Cash. I think it looks very unique, and the appearance corresponds with its rewards structure. It looks even better with the silver MasterCard logo on the back. I'd take it over my Citi AA card any day when it comes to looks. 

I would agree also, my Double Cash WEMC does have a unique look to it.  Different strokes for different folks when it comes to aesthetics I suppose.

Message 25 of 53
taxi818
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Hehehe. I feel ya. I see where they did the hp a couple of hours ago. But I've not heard a word from them. Is this normal?

It depends taxi.  When did you submit the request, like how long ago?  What amount did you request for CLI?  Usually, during normal business hours, they can turn it around anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours (sometimes sooner).  Otherwise, some of these CLI requests (if approved) will be seen on the next business day.  If declined, then you'll likely see a letter in your Statements & Documents section of your Citi dashboard.

It was around 5pm. I agree. I got declined on best buy last year and had message in system. But nothing now.  I only asked for 5k 

Message 26 of 53
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Whaaaa??? I think the card looks pretty nice...

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 27 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
If you want a higher limit you have to give up the HP. If you cant wait awhile a SP is possible.

To me your limit is basically useless so id sacrifice the HP if you think you will be able to get a CLI. Good luck. I have to do the same when mine arrives. Gonna just try it and if they say no, it's not the end of the world.

Also yes I agree that it is a hideous card. I dunno why they dont just make a subtle classy design for their flagship cash back card instead of a cheesy cheap looking design

Well, it looks better than the Sam's Club MC...not that that says much.

I took an HP on mine to go from $1200 to $5K, and they pulled EX.   I think it was worth it to make it usable.

I see your Sam's Club MC and raise you...the Plenti Amex! Butt uglified.

Message 28 of 53
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Funny thread! lol

Well at least they don't goof around when reporting. So far one of the fastest reporting cards I have. USAA was the fastest of 13 cards to report. Hell some still haven't reported as I'm heading into the second or third payment cycle.

Message 29 of 53
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
If you want a higher limit you have to give up the HP. If you cant wait awhile a SP is possible.

To me your limit is basically useless so id sacrifice the HP if you think you will be able to get a CLI. Good luck. I have to do the same when mine arrives. Gonna just try it and if they say no, it's not the end of the world.

Also yes I agree that it is a hideous card. I dunno why they dont just make a subtle classy design for their flagship cash back card instead of a cheesy cheap looking design

Well, it looks better than the Sam's Club MC...not that that says much.

I took an HP on mine to go from $1200 to $5K, and they pulled EX.   I think it was worth it to make it usable.

I see your Sam's Club MC and raise you...the Plenti Amex! Butt uglified.

+1

I can't agree more regarding the 'Plenti'.  The only way I would even entertain getting a Plenti would be to move the credit line over to my BCP.

I'm still perplexed why anybody would choose it over the other Amex offerings.  Smiley Surprised

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.