Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash Arrived

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Double Cash Arrived

Well as title says the new Double Cash just came in the mail. and I must say. It is hideous. Yuccck. but even though i only have a 2k limit it clearly says World on the back. or front which ever way you look at it. not sure. can this be?. Im a little to chickened to call and ask for an increase after i activate it. as i know citi will want another pound of flesh (HP)Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
core
Valued Contributor

Re: Double Cash Arrived

You just got the thing today and you're going to take a HP for a CLI attempt?  Wha??

The "World" on the back is meaningless, btw.

Message 2 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

As ugly as the DC is, I found a good point to it. I put it into the slot in my wallet upside down, so I see green, not blue. That way it stands out from my SM, Freedom, A+, TE (sorta blue-ish), and Lowe's. Smiley Very Happy

ETA: Forgot Cash+

Message 3 of 53
taxi818
Super Contributor

@core wrote:

You just got the thing today and you're going to take a HP for a CLI attempt?  Wha??

The "World" on the back is meaningless, btw.

Yes core that is the only with citi.You have to have possesion of the card. And they don't Sp new accounts This goes with my best buy. my home depot and now my Double cash. Citi is just like that. but hey if they at least give me 5k. i will be happy. not that i have so many hp's to spare on my eq. but hey. i have about 8 that will fall off in the next 3 months. so no problem.

Message 4 of 53
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you want a higher limit you have to give up the HP. If you cant wait awhile a SP is possible.

To me your limit is basically useless so id sacrifice the HP if you think you will be able to get a CLI. Good luck. I have to do the same when mine arrives. Gonna just try it and if they say no, it's not the end of the world.

Also yes I agree that it is a hideous card. I dunno why they dont just make a subtle classy design for their flagship cash back card instead of a cheesy cheap looking design
Message 5 of 53
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
If you want a higher limit you have to give up the HP. If you cant wait awhile a SP is possible.

To me your limit is basically useless so id sacrifice the HP if you think you will be able to get a CLI. Good luck. I have to do the same when mine arrives. Gonna just try it and if they say no, it's not the end of the world.

Also yes I agree that it is a hideous card. I dunno why they dont just make a subtle classy design for their flagship cash back card instead of a cheesy cheap looking design

Well, it looks better than the Sam's Club MC...not that that says much.

I took an HP on mine to go from $1200 to $5K, and they pulled EX.   I think it was worth it to make it usable.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 53
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

This is exactly why i did it Kdm. I will barely be able to use it at this current limit. if no Cli. ok. no problem. i will put about a $30 spot on it each month and PIF> in time. they will see it my way. hehehe. I hope. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I once had a clerk hold up my card and make a face before she swiped it! That pretty much sums up the design of the card. 

Message 8 of 53
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I once had a clerk hold up my card and make a face before she swiped it! That pretty much sums up the design of the card. 

That was probably because she was trying to figure out what in the heck kind of card it was.  I used mine at the auto parts store the other day and the guy yelled in the back, "Hey Charlie, do we take Citibank now?"  "Umm, it's just a Mastercard" I replied.  "Oh", he said as he swiped it without issue.

Message 9 of 53
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

If U intend to put some decent spend thru definitely request CLI (despite pull) otherwise U can opt to run minimal spend and wait for SP request. That said, aside from 2% CB (worth it in my estimation IF u know to properly strategize the spend) the free Fico and 'virtual card' features are also added perks. Like anything else U just need to hav a specific plan for how U intend to utilize the card. Like Ray Charles said...... "Make it do what it do".

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.