tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double Cash Card

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Seems like a pretty big if. Majority of the approvals Ive seen here came with a higher APR

well i still stand behind that all credit cards carry interest after promo and what not and if you are constantly carrying balances the last thing you need to try to do is get reward cards.

I understand what your saying but in this case carrying a balance on that particular card kind of negates the extra 1% a person would receive. During the promo period cut loose and charge it to the limit if thats how your feeling but unless the plan is to never carry a balance on the card id skip it Smiley Very Happy It sounds great initially but the 2% is contingent on you paying back what you owe so yea probably not the right choice for everyone. Still a nice option though

same with the 3 cards you have in your sigi.

Absolutely. But my plan has always been to never carry a balance on any card except one and only during a promo period. Everyone is different and a lot of people I know make a habit of carrying a balance which ends up screwing them in the long run. Having said that I still think its a pretty decent card depending on credit management habits

Message 11 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Seems like a pretty big if. Majority of the approvals Ive seen here came with a higher APR

well i still stand behind that all credit cards carry interest after promo and what not and if you are constantly carrying balances the last thing you need to try to do is get reward cards.

I understand what your saying but in this case carrying a balance on that particular card kind of negates the extra 1% a person would receive. During the promo period cut loose and charge it to the limit if thats how your feeling but unless the plan is to never carry a balance on the card id skip it Smiley Very Happy It sounds great initially but the 2% is contingent on you paying back what you owe so yea probably not the right choice for everyone. Still a nice option though

Its pointless to get a card for rewards or cash back if your going to carry a balance unless its 0% APR. The interest rate will kill the value of most rewards you would earn on any card via spend not just the cash back card. If someone can't PIF then  they really shouldn't be messing with rewards cards to begin with its that simple. If they need to float debt for a short time and they KNOW they will be able to pay it off before the interest kicks in then the cards with a intro 0% interest rate are the way to go. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 13
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

same with the 3 cards you have in your sigi.

I agree with credit.  In short this applies to all credit cards at least if you are going to carry a balance you will get something back in return.  My Freedom has a 13.99% APR I get 5% on categories and 1.1% on purchases till 2015 so if I carry a balance wouldn't it negated also?  So if someone didn't have a checking they would be getting 1% and half of what the Citi DC returns.  Same goes for the Fidelity Amex.

What would be better advice would be for all of us never to carry a balance on any cards.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.