cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash PC day is tomorrow, anyone PC'ing?

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Double Cash PC day is tomorrow, anyone PC'ing?

so from what it seems like, tomorrow will be the day that PC's will be availble for the DC, anyone going for it? I will be helping DW convert her Diamond Preferred thats in the SD to the DC, it should get alot more use, hopefully all goes well tomorrow, I have gotten mixed responses from citi, some CSR's saying it is NOT possible to PC only fresh apps and others saying yes, it sure can. I guess we will see

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Double Cash PC day is tomorrow, anyone PC'ing?

I'm chomping at the bit to PC my Diamond Preferred card, which has been SD'ed for the past year.  I even attempted to cancel the card back in July, but the CSR convinced me to keep it open saying that they don't close inactive cards until around the 4 year mark.  I'm so glad I didn't cancel because the Double Cash card is exactly the kind of product I had been hoping Citi would release to make me want to remain a cardholder with them.  I will be calling in first thing in the morning tomorrow, although I've been given lots of different responses this past week about when or if a PC would be possible.*fingers crossed*

Message 2 of 30
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I'm not sure. I would like to but am also afraid that the CS reps are still gonna keep giving me the same answer that the Forward card (mine is the college version) is a specific product that can't be PCed to anything. Citi is really getting on my nerves with that and in a few days, my account with them will be exactly a year old.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

I'm not sure. I would like to but am also afraid that the CS reps are still gonna keep giving me the same answer that the Forward card (mine is the college version) is a specific product that can't be PCed to anything. Citi is really getting on my nerves with that and in a few days, my account with them will be exactly a year old.

I'd take the forward over the DC any day Smiley Tongue 5x on restaurants. hells yeah

Message 4 of 30
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

Yep, i have Diamond Preferred that only saw 7 swipes for the past two years and well the card is not really doing anything for me but has a pretty decent CL so I will 100% PC the mofo to DC lol Smiley Very Happy

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 5 of 30
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I'd take the forward over the DC any day Smiley Tongue 5x on restaurants. hells yeah

I don't even think mine has that at all though getting a .25% APR reduction for a few billing cycles is nice.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 30
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

unfortunatly, I have heard that the forward college version is not pc'able but hey, I guess give it a try.

I hate when there are so many different answers especially from citi about pcing this card, it always seems that the people on this forum know more about cards then the issuing banksSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 30
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@WuXing5 wrote:
Yep, i have Diamond Preferred that only saw 7 swipes for the past two years and well thats can is not really doing anything for me but has a pretty decent CL of I will 100% PC the mofo to DC lol Smiley Very Happy

the damn diamond preferred was a card we apped for before we knew about this forum, we would have never apped for it had we know about this place, I think my wife swiped it less then 5 times in 2 years. 

Message 8 of 30
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@WuXing5 wrote:
Yep, i have Diamond Preferred that only saw 7 swipes for the past two years and well thats can is not really doing anything for me but has a pretty decent CL of I will 100% PC the mofo to DC lol Smiley Very Happy

the damn diamond preferred was a card we apped for before we knew about this forum, we would have never apped for it had we know about this place, I think my wife swiped it less then 5 times in 2 years. 

true, i acctually app'd for it because i thought it was a pretty good looking card not even thinking about the rewards.Smiley Mad

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 9 of 30
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@WuXing5 wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

@WuXing5 wrote:

true, i acctually app'd for it because i thought it was a pretty good looking card not even thinking about the rewards.Smiley Mad

rewards suck lol, hey, looking at your siggy, you have a $300k CL from FIA??? what card?

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.