cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash PC day is tomorrow, anyone PC'ing?

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Double Cash PC day is tomorrow, anyone PC'ing?

I had originally apped for a Citi Platinum Select in 2010 to take advantage of a BT offer and a couple of years after it was automatically converted to a CDP.  After paying off the balance I had been carrying for awhile, I realized that there are very few useful perks to the CDP card and the Citi Easy Deals is probably one of the worst reward programs.  

Message 11 of 30
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

I had originally apped for a Citi Platinum Select in 2010 to take advantage of a BT offer and a couple of years after it was automatically converted to a CDP.  After paying off the balance I had been carrying for awhile, I realized that there are very few useful perks to the CDP card and the Citi Easy Deals is probably one of the worst reward programs.  

this is probably one of the worst cards around, there is really no reason to use it, if it cannot be pc'd I would imagine my DW would probably close it but then again, there is no AF so she should probably just keep it for history, buy a cup of coffee with it every few months I guess. 

Message 12 of 30
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

this is probably one of the worst cards around, there is really no reason to use it, if it cannot be pc'd I would imagine my DW would probably close it but then again, there is no AF so she should probably just keep it for history, buy a cup of coffee with it every few months I guess. 

If mine is unable to be PC'd I'd probably close it as well, although it seems like one of the cards that they will grant the PC for.  I hope everyone uses this thread to update us on your PC successes!

Message 13 of 30
Simply827
Established Contributor

I'm considering PCing my TYP. Anyone know if PCs are eligible for intro APR?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 14 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I would do it tomorrow but from some cross wire mix up on Friday my call was escalated over to the EO's dept and a very nice lady said that she will call me Monday on the results of it. My guess is since it was an EO rep that it's already in processing and the call back will merely be a confirmation that it's a done deal.

I'M GOING ASK HER IF IT'S OK TO STOP BY THE CC DISTRIBUTOR TO PICK UP IN PERSON Smiley Very Happy

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Message 15 of 30
chalupaman
Super Contributor

What would be the EO contact information? I might just have to try that.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 16 of 30
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Whatever APR you have right now will be carried over to PCed card.

Message 17 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Simply827 wrote:

I know but i'm still going to give it shot for an APR reduction. It's currently 18.99%. All they can say is haven't we done enough for you lately? Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 30
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Planning on PC'ing when it's available and when I remember it.
Message 19 of 30
Simply827
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Simply827 wrote:

Thanks. I'll likely go the PC route.

Does Citi combine limits by any chance?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.