Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash remorse...anyone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double Cash remorse...anyone?

CITI has done 3 HP on me this year and never approved for the DC...Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 39
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CITI has done 3 HP on me this year and never approved for the DC...Smiley Frustrated

Yikes!

Message 12 of 39
knhorn
Contributor

I haven't got the card yet, but it will replace my Fidelity and QS's. My only problem with it is the ridiculously low starting limit.

Message 13 of 39
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@knhorn wrote:

I haven't got the card yet, but it will replace my Fidelity and QS's. My only problem with it is the ridiculously low starting limit.

I felt the same way. Placed a call into EO and asked them to reallocate some of my Simplicity limit to Double Cash. Fingers crossed.

Perhaps you can make the same request with one of your other Citic cards....

Message 14 of 39
L-TWT
Established Contributor

No remorse here,

PC'd my dividend card to DC

don't miss quarterly categories, prior world elite mastercard features and last but not least $300 annual cap.

Only feature that I thought I would miss, is the "Citi bonus cash center", but I now use "Ebates" & "Upromise"

So far I make good use daily of my Citi DC 30K CL!!

Message 15 of 39
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:

I took 2 HPs to get it plus an additional HP for a CLI (not to mention the hit on my AAoA)...yet I've found myself using my It in situations where it would've been more beneficial (rewards-wise) to use DC. I don't know if it has to do with the "Is it a World MC or not?" controversy, but I don't find myself using this card very much.

I have remorse.   I took it to help get away from Cap One.   As it turns out, they decided to play nice with my QS1, so I'm throwing more business their way.

There's plenty I don't like about DC.  I only took one HP on EX to get it, since I'm refusing to do another HP just to get a decent CL.   That said, I don't like my anemic $1200 CL and the atrocious 22.9% APR.   I think Citi's website is threadbare and their app is even more spartan to the point where it's barely functional.  I also don't like that I can't use their online feature to pay more than my statement balance.   Even GECRB will treat you better than that!

So I've decided to spend no more than $120 a month on it for the meantime (I don't really feel like pushing payments from my bank).   At this point, I think I'll try to PC my QS1 to QS after getting my next CLI and then throw DC in the SD.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

I took 2 HPs to get it plus an additional HP for a CLI (not to mention the hit on my AAoA)...yet I've found myself using my It in situations where it would've been more beneficial (rewards-wise) to use DC. I don't know if it has to do with the "Is it a World MC or not?" controversy, but I don't find myself using this card very much.

I have remorse.   I took it to help get away from Cap One.   As it turns out, they decided to play nice with my QS1, so I'm throwing more business their way.

There's plenty I don't like about DC.  I only took one HP on EX to get it, since I'm refusing to do another HP just to get a decent CL.   That said, I don't like my anemic $1200 CL and the atrocious 22.9% APR.   I think Citi's website is threadbare and their app is even more spartan to the point where it's barely functional.  I also don't like that I can't use their online feature to pay more than my statement balance.   Even GECRB will treat you better than that!

So I've decided to spend no more than $120 a month on it for the meantime (I don't really feel like pushing payments from my bank).   At this point, I think I'll try to PC my QS1 to QS after getting my next CLI and then throw DC in the SD.   

Well i did voice my reservations about that card :-) the low cl and apr were top of the list of things i didn't like . I would be annoyed if i had to double pull to get decent CL. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 17 of 39
smith5879
New Contributor

No remorse here. I did a PC from my previously useless Dividend. The only downside is that I no longer have a WEMC, but I'll take the extra cash instead.

April 2014: EX FICO 763 | EQ FICO 760 | TU FICO 721
September 2018: EX FICO 811 | EQ FICO 815 | TU FICO 826

Amex BCP 24.5k | Chase Freedom VS 15k | Citi Double Cash WEMC 25k | Discover It 25.5k
Message 18 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@smith5879 wrote:

No remorse here. I did a PC from my previously useless Dividend. The only downside is that I no longer have a WEMC, but I'll take the extra cash instead.

Right, I don't think remose applies to PC, as the CL/APR is known in advance (although we did have the extra "surprise" you mention of losing the MC tier).   But for some of those apping...

Message 19 of 39
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.