Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash remorse...anyone?

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Double Cash remorse...anyone?

So is anyone walking funny from the low cls?
Message 21 of 39
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Didn't get the card but I'm still annoyed that I even wasted my time taking a HP for this just because of their policies not to allow Forward cards to be converted to anything else, which I find quite ludicrous so I'm just counting on Citi to eventually phase out the Forward cards completely and have them changed to something else so that PCs will be possible or just waiting six more months and going from there.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 22 of 39
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Off-topic but has Citi discontinued offering their Dividend cards?

Couldn't find a link to apply to a Dividend on their website. Is the DC replacing the Dividend for good?

Message 23 of 39
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Just closed it.

Message 24 of 39
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:

Just closed it.

Why didn't you just SD it?   I'm giving my DC 6 months to become a decent card.   If not, it's getting SDed once i work my magic on QS1.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 25 of 39
godscountry
Regular Contributor

none for me.  I was happy that I was approved.....at first wasnt happy with initial limit of $1700 but did CLI request online the day I activated the card and got $10k.  it was another HP, but worth it.

Current Scores: EX 652 I EQ 688 I TU 696
Cards appear in order of approval
Message 26 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@godscountry wrote:

none for me.  I was happy that I was approved.....at first wasnt happy with initial limit of $1700 but did CLI request online the day I activated the card and got $10k.  it was another HP, but worth it.

I really don't understand why CIti gives such low initial limits and makes them decent after another HP.   It would make sense (but evil) if Citi somehow made money from each HP, but AFAIK if anything they have to pay something for the additional pull.

Message 27 of 39
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@godscountry wrote:

I really don't understand why CIti gives such low initial limits and makes them decent after another HP.   It would make sense (but evil) if Citi somehow made money from each HP, but AFAIK if anything they have to pay something for the additional pull.

I agree, it's baffling that they're starting most new applicants out with meager CLs and higher than average APRs.  Not exactly a way to make a great first impression.  It also stinks that to get a CL boost you have to burn another HP.  From my experience having PC'd from another Citi product, I haven't had any issues with this card and I'm already seeing some rewards accumulate, I just haven't been through a redemption process yet.  If that process is smooth then I think this card is golden.  Coming from the Diamond Preferred card, I have absolutely no remorse.  Any reward card would be better than that one.

Message 28 of 39
Involver
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

Just closed it.

lol, really?

you closed a month-old account with no AF that you took two HPs for?

Message 29 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Involver wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

Just closed it.

lol, really?

you closed a month-old account with no AF that you took two HPs for?

Yes, but those HPs have happened, no matter what, so if he doesn't want to keep it....

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.