Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-authorized user, two accounts, two separate reports, one card

tag
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Double-authorized user, two accounts, two separate reports, one card

When I applied for my BCP card in September, I added my grandmother as a authorized user during the application. When I received the card and logged in for the first time, my grandmother wasn't on, so I added her again.

Now, she has two completely separate account numbers with a 5 digit variation, two reportings on her credit report from AMEX, it appears as if she has two separate accounts @ $5,800 each, her total credit limit is now $66,724, and UTL dropped to 5%.

It seems like an underhanded way to have her report and score boosted.

edit: Got a CLI to 7.9k two days ago.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Double-authorized user, two accounts, two separate reports, one card

Lucky her!
Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Well considering that Amex AU's (ACM's to be pedantic) start as a fresh tradeline it's not quite the same benefit as traditional AU's.

Potential boost longer term, short-term not much doing.  The more interesting application would be helping someone who already had an MSD, and then backdating the same Amex multiple times.  

Seems like a bug in the software, though given Amex's method of ACM individual accounting, maybe it doesn't matter to them.

Personally if it happened to me on accident I'd report it and get it fixed (since it's not really helping that much anyway compared to a single one); I'd be worried that Amex might hammer the account if it got flagged in one of their reviews and viewed as some sort of wonky exploit.  Lenders tend to react badly to such things.

        
Message 3 of 4
Startome
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Well considering that Amex AU's (ACM's to be pedantic) start as a fresh tradeline it's not quite the same benefit as traditional AU's.

Potential boost longer term, short-term not much doing.  The more interesting application would be helping someone who already had an MSD, and then backdating the same Amex multiple times.  

Seems like a bug in the software, though given Amex's method of ACM individual accounting, maybe it doesn't matter to them.

Personally if it happened to me on accident I'd report it and get it fixed (since it's not really helping that much anyway compared to a single one); I'd be worried that Amex might hammer the account if it got flagged in one of their reviews and viewed as some sort of wonky exploit.  Lenders tend to react badly to such things.

+1 read many examples of them doing so

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.