Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double cash no more purchase promo

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Double cash no more purchase promo

Adding, wonder if the 0% promos will be targeted?
Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
It appears that at least for direct apps on their site, Citi has removed the 0 percent for purchases on the double cash. It's only for BTs now. My guess is they are trying to collect more interest to make up for the 2 percent rewards. A 0 percent on purchases doesn't help them do that.

Just my speculation but if you want the card, you may want to get it sooner than later. It seems maybe they are trying to squeeze out profit and if that doesn't work out, may pull the plug.

Wow. Never ever looked at their site again once i got the card. I was hoping to get that lovely 21 months no Apr Simplicity. But gave up the idea recently. I know one of my friends just got a mailer on the card and they offered him 9 months 0% apr. i was like damn. Thats it.

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I just got my DC last month
Message 13 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

The thread is misleading. There is plenty of purchase promo on the dc. Don't take others word for it. Look yourself. It's 15 months. It is just changed in wording. Quote from the site itself. No annual fee
0% intro apr for 15 mo the in balance transfers and purchases. This was 2 mins ago.
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
The thread is misleading. There is plenty of purchase promo on the dc. Don't take others word for it. Look yourself. It's 15 months. It is just changed in wording. Quote from the site itself. No annual fee
0% intro apr for 15 mo the in balance transfers and purchases. This was 2 mins ago.

+1 taxi

Message 15 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

It must vary.   I see what KDM is mentioning:

Annual per­cent­age Rate (APR) for Purchases

13.24% to 23.24%, based on your credit­worthiness.

These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.a

APR for Balance Transfers

0% introductory APR for 18 months from date of first transfer when transfers are completed within 4 months from date of account opening.

Message 16 of 34
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

0% introductory APR for 18 months from date of first transfer when transfers are completed within 4 months from date of account opening.

Same here.  I just checked their site and only see the following:

Plus a Balance Transfer Offer: 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months; after that the variable APR will be 13.24% – 23.24% based on your creditworthiness.

Message 17 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Same here.  I just checked their site and only see the following:

Plus a Balance Transfer Offer: 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months; after that the variable APR will be 13.24% – 23.24% based on your creditworthiness.

and this is what im looking at.

citidoublepurchaserate.PNG

Message 18 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm not trying to mislead anyone. I'm sure it varies depending on factors but what I see when I click on Double Cash on Citi's site is:

"Plus a Balance Transfer Offer: 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months; after that the variable APR will be 13.24% – 23.24% based on your creditworthiness."

No mention of a purchase 0% APR.

Message 19 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'm not trying to mislead anyone. I'm sure it varies depending on factors but what I see when I click on Double Cash on Citi's site is:

"Plus a Balance Transfer Offer: 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months; after that the variable APR will be 13.24% – 23.24% based on your creditworthiness."

No mention of a purchase 0% APR.

Of course not. Im not saying you are misleading. But I don't know how the website knows who is clicking what. Unless using cookies. But if you go to apply for the card it clearly still shows the 15 months of purchases.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.