cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double cashback from Discover checking though Discover it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double cashback from Discover checking though Discover it?

So, we've got two Discover it cards on the one-year double-cashback promotion. We have about $289 already pending to double when the promo period ends (sniff) this summer.

We also have $85.60 of cashback in two Discover checking accounts. I was thinking about requesting statement credits into checking for those balances, but the thought occurred to me that there is also the option of transferring that cashback to a Discover CC account. So if I transfer my Discover checking cashback to one my our Discover it cards that's being doubled, will my checking cashback end up getting doubled, too?

Hmmm. I guess I have nothing to lose. Worst case I can just cash it out of the Discover card account, even if not doubled.  I'll do the transfer and see what happens.

Chris.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Double cashback from Discover checking though Discover it?

@Anonymous wrote:

So, we've got two Discover it cards on the one-year double-cashback promotion. We have about $289 already pending to double when the promo period ends (sniff) this summer.

We also have $85.60 of cashback in two Discover checking accounts. I was thinking about requesting statement credits into checking for those balances, but the thought occurred to me that there is also the option of transferring that cashback to a Discover CC account. So if I transfer my Discover checking cashback to one my our Discover it cards that's being doubled, will my checking cashback end up getting doubled, too?

Hmmm. I guess I have nothing to lose. Worst case I can just cash it out of the Discover card account, even if not doubled.  I'll do the transfer and see what happens.

Chris.

I suspect it won't be doubled, since the 'doubling' is said to be triggered by the rewards being earned with the card, not the rewards balance on the card anniversary. 

In other words, even if somebody redeems their rewards each month, at the end of the first year the total of the rewards earned over the year would still be doubled, regardless of what the reward balance is on that actual day.  Some folks (like myself) have not redeemed any rewards since we want to actually "see" the amount doubled, but it's not required.

That being said, like you mention there's no harm in trying and there's always a chance it could 'slip through'... let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.