cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double pre-approval offers from Discover made me do it.

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Double pre-approval offers from Discover made me do it.

After about 5 months of gardening, I came out. I always wanted Discover card. After getting 2 pre-approval offers from them, I app'd for Discover IT.

Got the 5-7 days mail thingy and after I set up my account, check the status online and BAM!

I called the number to see CL, it was 4k. Not my highest, but I'll definately TAKE IT and RUN!

My question is, do they automatically overnight the card to me or do I have to ask for it?

My scores are on the SIG, I have tons of INQ, about 14 on each report from trading in 2 cars and getting 1 new one, total of 3 cars. 2 are from 2011 and 1 are from march '12

Not sure as of yet what they pulled.. I assuming it's TU, will keep update. I am in TX

7% util overall. 29% reporting on one card.

no late/baddies. just tons of INQ and new accts.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: Double pre-approval offers from Discover made me do it.

Congrats!

They pulled EQ for me and I'm in MA.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@armbenderc wrote:

After about 5 months of gardening, I came out. I always wanted Discover card. After getting 2 pre-approval offers from them, I app'd for Discover IT.

Got the 5-7 days mail thingy and after I set up my account, check the status online and BAM!

I called the number to see CL, it was 4k. Not my highest, but I'll definately TAKE IT and RUN!

My question is, do they automatically overnight the card to me or do I have to ask for it?

My scores are on the SIG, I have tons of INQ, about 14 on each report from trading in 2 cars and getting 1 new one, total of 3 cars. 2 are from 2011 and 1 are from march '12

Not sure as of yet what they pulled.. I assuming it's TU, will keep update. I am in TX

7% util overall. 29% reporting on one card.

no late/baddies. just tons of INQ and new accts.

Yes, they ship FedEx.  You might get it Monday. 

Congrats 

Message 3 of 14
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Discover expedites all IT cards I believe.  You should be getting an email about its shipping today or tomorrow Smiley Happy

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 4 of 14
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Discover expedites all IT cards I believe.  You should be getting an email about its shipping today or tomorrow Smiley Happy

Yeah, I just visited the site and saw the expdited shipping. Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 14
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!  Yep, I'm in Texas too and they pulled EQ.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 8 of 14
firstladyd
Contributor

They pulled EQ for me too. In Texas.  CONGRATS!!!

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 14
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!

Also Texas and also EQ

*8/10/13
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.