Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double pulled by Barclays for 1 app?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Double pulled by Barclays for 1 app?

Hi,

I applied for Barclays arrival world mc on Friday night and was just notified by equifax monitoring service that Barclays pulled 2 inquiries on TU for 1 app. Is this normal? My ex and eq were untouched. Does this mean I didn't qualify for the world mc and they are reviewing me for the platinum mc instead?

Anyone has any experience with Barclays?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Double pulled by Barclays for 1 app?

That's odd. I applied for the US Air card and got one HP on TU. Had to recon and that call cost me one HP on EX or EQ (sorry can't remember which one right now). Specifically I did not qualify for the world so they gave me the platinum but those results were made before I called for recon. The recon person was trying to get me a higher limit and full miles bonus. Fail. Don't get me started on Barclays... not qualified for the World card.... two HP for a dying airline card, 15,000 miles and a $2,000 limit... argh. 

Good luck with this one. I would call Monday to find out what's going on. 

Message 2 of 8
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey enharu!
If you got stuck with 2 HPs on TU- dispute the 2nd HP directly with TU as a duplicate and it will likely be removed. Not a guarantee but it works most of the time. I doubt tho that Barclays dbl pulled you. More than likely a Equifax glitch. :-) Best of luck on your application for the Arival!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

YEP! Dispute!!!!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

They only pulled once when I applied both times.

Ron.

Message 5 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Hi,

I applied for Barclays arrival world mc on Friday night and was just notified by equifax monitoring service that Barclays pulled 2 inquiries on TU for 1 app. Is this normal? My ex and eq were untouched. Does this mean I didn't qualify for the world mc and they are reviewing me for the platinum mc instead?

Anyone has any experience with Barclays?

Dispute while gardening Lol 

I hope you get world mc 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

thanks a lot! i will give them a call tomorrow to recon as well Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.