Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drapping...almost. Discover

tag
Cageym
Established Contributor

Drapping...almost. Discover

So if I remember right when you go to the Discover preapproval site and it shows recommended cards if you click on the "build your own card" thing and it lets you start to build it you are actually preapproved off their SP? And no, I didn't actually apply, still waiting on my 61 CLI day for Amex. I have the DR part down, just not the APPING part.LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Drapping...almost. Discover

It takes practice. There is a balance you must achieve between the level of beverages u consume and your ability to app. That way u only drapp for what u really need Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Cageym
Established Contributor

Oh I know, but I have that  Amex CLI coming up, then I want to hit up NFCU for a 'Holiday" boost. And I think I might want either the Discover IT or the ChaseFreedom. Haven't decided yet. I might not have the switch in my brain that lets me stop from telling folks what I think but I still have the one that lets me look at my long term goals. Most of the time.LOL And I have vacation coming up at the end of Jan so I need the limits if I can get them, so must be careful. And no Drapping until I make sure I'm past the toy limits.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 3 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

"Save you drapp" - Tony Montana

No, what you seen on the preapproval was not an actual preapproval. You'll see "Congratulations, you have been pre approved for ______)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 14
rosegardener
Established Member

Discover's preapproval site can be screamingly confusing.  Make sure it says that 'you are preapped for' instead of 'you may be interested in'.  I agree with holding off though, they can be not so generous with starting CL from what I have seen and you might have better luck with your planned CLI requests.

Does it still count as drapping if it's drunken CLI requests?  Technically you are applying for more credit by asking for an extension of your existing line.

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 5 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@rosegardener wrote:

Discover's preapproval site can be screamingly confusing.  Make sure it says that 'you are preapped for' instead of 'you may be interested in'.  I agree with holding off though, they can be not so generous with starting CL from what I have seen and you might have better luck with your planned CLI requests.

Does it still count as drapping if it's drunken CLI requests?  Technically you are applying for more credit by asking for an extension of your existing line.

Only if it results in a HP

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

LOL, took me a bit to realize what was meant by Drapping. I almost went to the common abbreviations thread.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 14
rosegardener
Established Member

So same rules as gardening then?  I can work with this......

@Duncanrr wrote:

@rosegardener wrote:

Only if it results in a HP

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 8 of 14
rosegardener
Established Member

@Epcot wrote:
LOL, took me a bit to realize what was meant by Drapping. I almost went to the common abbreviations thread.

LOL....somehow I don't think we could talk the mods into adding it.

Message 9 of 14
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Well I'm 3/4 in the bag and I know how you feel. I think I'll go to the Amex site and just fill out the form and hit cancel.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.