Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreaded 7 to 10 AMEX Message

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Dreaded 7 to 10 AMEX Message

Epic fail. Status shows declined for the green charge card. Still not showing the decision on the delta skymiles but if the charge card was declined I am sure the credit card will be too.

Darn.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@John060675 wrote:
Epic fail. Status shows declined for the green charge card. Still not showing the decision on the delta skymiles but if the charge card was declined I am sure the credit card will be too.

Darn.

More than likely.  Sorry to hear.  The status page should provide a link to view the full decision details once the information has refreshed.

Message 12 of 14
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@John060675 wrote:
I applied about 3 hours ago for the Gold Delta Skymiles CC and the rep said that I would get an answer in 7 to 10 days. I assume that is better than a straight up denial.

Now I play the game of checking the application status online every hour. So far they do not have my application loaded in the system.

Hey, you did better than me. When I first applied, about 3 years ago, it was for a prescreened gold card and I had a FICO around 710.

I called in, the CSR entered my info and offer code. Instant denial. She said, "you have been declined - you will get a letter in 7 to 10 days"

At least I wasn't left wondering.  A couple years later I charged over 50k (on a single charge) on my 1 y/o Plat.  At least they don't hold prior decisions against you.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 13 of 14
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@John060675 wrote:

Darn.

HANG ON JUST ONE SECOND MISTER.

In October when I got approved for my Amex Delta Gold (now a BCE), I also apped for a Green and was declined for that. So from my personal experience, definitely possible to get the revolver before the charge. I just recently was approved for the charge after I showed Amex what a nice conscientious consumer I could be Smiley Tongue

Good luck!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.