Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Orchard Like A Bad Habit!!!!!

tag
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Dropped Orchard Like A Bad Habit!!!!!

So today i called up the backdoor # to Orchard Bank to find out when my annual fee was due. The rep on the phone let me know that during my next billing cycle i would be billed $59.00 and she could not waive itSmiley Mad. So i told her to take her measly 400.00 CL and no rewards card offering piece of crap and shove it all the way up the you know where. LOL no but really i told her i would like to close the card there is no reason for me to keep a card that will not grow with me and has no rewards program yet charges an annual fee. She then tried to persuade me to keep the card because i would look good on my reports along with my other cardsSmiley Very Happy, i then assured her that my discover more and 2 amex cards that i have acquired will look great all on their own...Smiley Tongue

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Dropped Orchard Like A Bad Habit!!!!!

@terrymurph wrote:

So today i called up the backdoor # to Orchard Bank to find out when my annual fee was due. The rep on the phone let me know that during my next billing cycle i would be billed $59.00 and she could not waive itSmiley Mad. So i told her to take her measly 400.00 CL and no rewards card offering piece of crap and shove it all the way up the you know where. LOL no but really i told her i would like to close the card there is no reason for me to keep a card that will not grow with me and has no rewards program yet charges an annual fee. She then tried to persuade me to keep the card because i would look good on my reports along with my other cardsSmiley Very Happy, i then assured her that my discover more and 2 amex cards that i have acquired will look great all on their own...Smiley Tongue

LOL...hooray for you.  Post of the day!!

Message 2 of 11
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Congrats man, my annual fee is coming up in march, im gonna call them up next month and if they dont at least lower the annual fee, its cancelled!!

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

@DI wrote:

@terrymurph wrote:

LOL...hooray for you.  Post of the day!!

LOL i feel wonderful these forums have helped me so much over the last two years I have managed to drop all my sub-prime cards, and while doing so gotten 2 Amex Cards GOLD and the ZYNC. Plus a DISCOVER MORE with a 3000 CL my largest everSmiley Happy and 1000 worth of CLI on my JC PENNY store card so now IM at 2500. Both of my subs combined only had a limit of $1400.00Smiley Tongue. Im going to wait a full year and PC from the ZYNC to one of AMEX Credit cards....OHHHHH and did I mention I got my first auto loan ever from a bank for my dream car 04 BMW 745LI with all the options and sports package...IM SCREAMING THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU ON THE FICO FORUMSSmiley Very Happy. I feel a tear coming on..Again thank you I will never abuse my credit again. It's so easy to destroy you credit but so hard to rebuild it..NEVER AGAIN

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 4 of 11
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

@alberty2k wrote:

Congrats man, my annual fee is coming up in march, im gonna call them up next month and if they dont at least lower the annual fee, its cancelled!!

When you call tell them i sent you....HAHAHAHAHA Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 11
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Way to go!!! I'm going to do the same when it's time for my CapOne af to roll around if I haven't received any CLI on my $500 card. Also just be aware that you can't do a PC from an Amex charge card to a Amex credit card, it would have to be a new app.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 6 of 11
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

@Gibran wrote:

Way to go!!! I'm going to do the same when it's time for my CapOne af to roll around if I haven't received any CLI on my $500 card. Also just be aware that you can't do a PC from an Amex charge card to a Amex credit card, it would have to be a new app.

Thanks for the info Gibran. And lets keep the dropping of sub-primes i love seeing them being done and over with, they have served their purpose.

Message 7 of 11
smc733
Valued Contributor

@terrymurph wrote:
LOL i feel wonderful these forums have helped me so much over the last two years I have managed to drop all my sub-prime cards, and while doing so gotten 2 Amex Cards GOLD and the ZYNC. Plus a DISCOVER MORE with a 3000 CL my largest everSmiley Happy and 1000 worth of CLI on my JC PENNY store card so now IM at 2500. Both of my subs combined only had a limit of $1400.00Smiley Tongue. Im going to wait a full year and PC from the ZYNC to one of AMEX Credit cards....OHHHHH and did I mention I got my first auto loan ever from a bank for my dream car 04 BMW 745LI with all the options and sports package...IM SCREAMING THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU ON THE FICO FORUMSSmiley Very Happy. I feel a tear coming on..Again thank you I will never abuse my credit again. It's so easy to destroy you credit but so hard to rebuild it..NEVER AGAIN

You won't be able to product change from Zync to a revolving card.  You'll have to re-apply.  Why are you keeping a Zync and Gold?  They're pretty much the same function, seems like a waste to pay two annual fees.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 8 of 11
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

+1. in fact you cannot PC any Amex charge card to one of there revolvers. It's a new app/hard pull however how well or bad you treat the charge card can influence your chances of approval. That's why you hear man folks on this forum expressing their desires to get a charge card to get their " foot in the door" with Amex.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@terrymurph wrote:

You won't be able to product change from Zync to a revolving card.  You'll have to re-apply.  Why are you keeping a Zync and Gold?  They're pretty much the same function, seems like a waste to pay two annual fees.

+1. in fact you cannot PC any Amex charge card to one of there revolvers. It's a new app/hard pull however how well or bad you treat the charge card

can influence your chances of approval. That's why you hear man folks on this forum expressing their desires to get a charge card to get their " foot in the door"

with Amex.

Thank you both for your replies and concern. The reason i am keeping both cards is because the ZYNC gets good rewards for my trips that i take to Vegas due to the pack i added on, but on the other hand it is not eligible for some of the rewards the gold offers like preferred seatingSmiley Sad. And seeing  how I go to a lot of events in which this is a useful tool i decided to keep both until they have aged a Year and then i will apply for one of the Credit Card products they offer. When i refereed to it as PC i meant it in the loosest of waysSmiley Wink...LOL I knew it would be a new app thats why i am waiting but my excitement got the best of me.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.