Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dsicover Cash Back?

tag
Closingracer
Established Member

Dsicover Cash Back?

If i put it toward my statement would that be considered as minimum Payment ? Or will i have to still pay the minumim payment of $35

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dsicover Cash Back?

Rewards cannot be used for minimum payment you need to still make the payment.

Message 2 of 10
Closingracer
Established Member

Ah ok Guess i could just put it as a direct deposit into my Bank and then use it as payment then Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

You still have to make the minimum payment. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 10
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure every time I redeem my rewards from discover the min payment goes away like you don't need to make one. Now I always pay big chunks of money tho so not totally positive on that

SIlver:

Message 5 of 10
w003ptr
Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:

I'm not sure every time I redeem my rewards from discover the min payment goes away like you don't need to make one. Now I always pay big chunks of money tho so not totally positive on that

If you PIF with rewards I think the min payment goes to $0... since you now owe $0.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 6 of 10
Closingracer
Established Member

Also how does it work because  with the 5% with the ShopDiscover? I bought an item at Bestbuy in October and got the 5% and also 5% on something i bought at the Apple store last week. But i recently bought something at Bestbuy for $699 + tax last week and this time says nothing about 5% cash back on the purchase. These stores are bother part of ShopDiscover at 5% cashback and just wondering why is it so random when it applies it?

Message 7 of 10
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@Closingracer wrote:

Also how does it work because  with the 5% with the ShopDiscover? I bought an item at Bestbuy in October and got the 5% and also 5% on something i bought at the Apple store last week. But i recently bought something at Bestbuy for $699 + tax last week and this time says nothing about 5% cash back on the purchase. These stores are bother part of ShopDiscover at 5% cashback and just wondering why is it so random when it applies it?

Did you shop at best buy through the link in shop discover? If not that would be why. If you did, it may not have have posted to your account yet. All of my 5% online shopping posted to my account on the 20th with my new statement but my shop discover has not yet posted. You should have also got an email saying that you earned from shop discover with an amount, if it was just last week for best buy it could still take a few more days for an email.

Your 1%, 5% will always post on next statement, but shop discover, can take up to 8 weeks to post, basicly 2 statements.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 8 of 10
Closingracer
Established Member

My ShopDiscover usually hits my next statement the few times i have used it and while i never used the link it says in recent charges stomething like

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Apple Store when you shop through ShopDiscover. which i Went to the store and bought it... Now it said it for my Bestbuy purchase as well in October but not recently when i bought something last week

Message 9 of 10
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Well, I have a minimum payment of $75 on Discover this month. I just applied $50 of my cashback toward a statement credit. I still have a $75 minimum payment listed as being due.

CORRECTION: Discover shortly thereafter changed the minimum payment due to $25. So it appears that Discover, unlike some other cards, will apply a cashback statement credit to the minimum payment due.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.