cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-interface Amex cards now available!

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Dual-interface Amex cards now available!

I just had my Amex EverDay changed over to Chip & Signature + Contactless. I had to use the online chat feature to request it as the option wasn't available in the select menu for card replacement reasons. 

The rep did provide me with the full list of eligible cards: 

* Blue
* Blue for Students
* Blue Cash
* Blue Cash Preferred
* Blue Sky
* Blue Sky Preferred
* Starwood Preferred Guest
* Clear
* Zync
* Amex EveryDay
* Amex EveryDay Preferred

I inquired on the Platinum and was told it's not available. I'm not sure if any other charge cards have the feature available as they weren't mentioned in the list above. 
Message 21 of 147
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Old news, have had it n my Delts Gold & PRG over a month. Usend it like crazy in Canada last week visiting inlaws.

Message 22 of 147
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

I just had my Amex EverDay changed over to Chip & Signature + Contactless. I had to use the online chat feature to request it as the option wasn't available in the select menu for card replacement reasons. 

The rep did provide me with the full list of eligible cards: 

* Blue
* Blue for Students
* Blue Cash
* Blue Cash Preferred
* Blue Sky
* Blue Sky Preferred
* Starwood Preferred Guest
* Clear
* Zync
* Amex EveryDay
* Amex EveryDay Preferred

I inquired on the Platinum and was told it's not available. I'm not sure if any other charge cards have the feature available as they weren't mentioned in the list above. 

Green Card. Ordered my Chip and Sig 2 days ago.

Message 23 of 147
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Juss11 wrote:

Old news, have had it n my Delts Gold & PRG over a month. Usend it like crazy in Canada last week visiting inlaws.

Read the thread Smiley Happy It's not old news, these are BRAND NEW... and thank you thank you thank you Cal for the list.

Chip and signature is old news, dual interface is brand new. Your Delta and PRG are contact-only.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 24 of 147
taxi818
Super Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@Juss11 wrote:

Read the thread Smiley Happy It's not old news, these are BRAND NEW... and thank you thank you thank you Cal for the list.

Chip and signature is old news, dual interface is brand new. Your Delta and PRG are contact-only.

Well op. All you info is correct. Except one thing. You are not correct on the delta skymiles gold. I just got off chat. And they do have it. Then they had m call customer  service. And my contact less card is on the way. No charge. Ups. On Monday. So go to chat. Tell them. Verify security. And they will send it to you. Too bad I cent get it on my green card. 

Message 25 of 147
nyancat
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@Juss11 wrote:

Well op. All you info is correct. Except one thing. You are not correct on the delta skymiles gold. I just got off chat. And they do have it. Then they had m call customer  service. And my contact less card is on the way. No charge. Ups. On Monday. So go to chat. Tell them. Verify security. And they will send it to you. Too bad I cent get it on my green card. 

Nope, you're going to get another contact-only chip card. Wait and see.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 26 of 147
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Not quite on topic, but just got my replacement UK (Bank of Scotland, not Amex) card, and they have added contactless to it by default, so it's chip&pin + contactless.   In the UK rule appears to be that contactless charges under 20GBP (~ $30)  don't need PIN.   The brochure "explains" why this is just as safe as chip&pin (becuase it "uses the same high level technology as that behind chip&pin")   Right, but if someone steals your card, they can use it (albeit for small transactions) contactless that they couldn't do with a non-contactless card!  So a step back from chip&pin.  

Looks pretty widespread with many major UK high street stores equipped (Marks&Spencer, Boots, Post Office, Costa and Pret a Manger for those keeping score!)

It does say that for the first contactless transaction you may be asked to validate the card by entering PIN or signing.  Is that the case with the US cards?

Message 27 of 147
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@nyancat - have several seats and stop trying to knock/discourage/make folk think  theyre nothing just because their not

Gonna get the card feature/upgrade that you got. Let people post what they where told and what they got and stop making people

feel like they ain't sh** just because they didn't recieve what you got. Brag about it one time and keep it moving. Every CSR is different and only

can give a customer what they know to their knowledge . So please, have a seat.

Message 28 of 147
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

nyancat

My delta card has tappay

Message 29 of 147
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Out of curiosity I just called Citi to find out if they offered dual interface EMV chip (i.e, PayPass) with Double cash, and was told yes, after being placed on hold between 5-10 minutes. I will receive a new card within 5-7 business days!

Message 30 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.