cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-interface Amex cards now available!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dual-interface Amex cards now available!

They won't let me request the contractless until 10 days after my account is open. They asked me to call in two days for it, since I app'd on June 1st, so annoying. They wouldn't issue me a contactless in the first place until I had the card in hand...
Message 141 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. it says the ED and EDP both have it. I just got my card last week so I am going to wait a little bit.

Now wait a minute here....will a business that takes contactless payments, then automatically take the amex? I guess I have never really seen businesses that take contactless that didnt have discover/amex logo anyway.... I was thinking in my head it would possibly allow the amex to be used in more places.lol.

Message 142 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm. it says the ED and EDP both have it. I just got my card last week so I am going to wait a little bit.

Now wait a minute here....will a business that takes contactless payments, then automatically take the amex? I guess I have never really seen businesses that take contactless that didnt have discover/amex logo anyway.... I was thinking in my head it would possibly allow the amex to be used in more places.lol.

They would need to take AmEx by swiping/inserting to accept it via contactless.

Message 143 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They would need to take AmEx by swiping/inserting to accept it via contactless.

I just want the USB smart card reader AMEX had back in 2003. I was fascinated by them. I guess when you shopped online you would insert that.

Message 144 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny thing I requested contactless on my EDP, said convert to contactless and got the card and it was the c&s card without contactless.

They requested a new one, but this time next day mail. Hopefully it will be real contactless this time!

Message 145 of 147
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny thing I requested contactless on my EDP, said convert to contactless and got the card and it was the c&s card without contactless.

They requested a new one, but this time next day mail. Hopefully it will be real contactless this time!

That happens a LOT - a lot of their CSRs don't understand they have to actually order the contactless card. Just ordering a replacement and picking contactless as the reason for replacement isn't enough.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 146 of 147
Jmill79
New Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That happens a LOT - a lot of their CSRs don't understand they have to actually order the contactless card. Just ordering a replacement and picking contactless as the reason for replacement isn't enough.

Well I just got the non contactless for the 3rd freekin time.  Called and verified the exact verbage above, we'll see in a coulple days.  Oh, and he wanted to shut down my current card to process the new one, um no damn way dude.

FICO's as of 7/10/15 EQ-751 TU-730 EX-721

Citi Prestige, BOA Cash Rewards Sig, Discover It, AmEx BCP, Cap One Quicksilver
Message 147 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.