cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-interface Amex cards now available!

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Dual-interface Amex cards now available!

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@nyancat - have several seats and stop trying to knock/discourage/make folk think  theyre nothing just because their not

Gonna get the card feature/upgrade that you got. Let people post what they where told and what they got and stop making people

feel like they ain't sh** just because they didn't recieve what you got. Brag about it one time and keep it moving. Every CSR is different and only

can give a customer what they know to their knowledge . So please, have a seat.

+1 all i know is i let the rep do all the talking and kept quiet. and the rep specifically mentioned the express pay contactless card on the delta sky miles.

Also said it was not available on the green charge card. said it will be there monday. regardless of what others have said. now im not saying the rep is correct. but i will assume they know since the rep is the one who said it was a contactless card. even asked if i wanted them to overnight it.

i said yes. said it will be there monday. as today is saturday. so will see for sure on monday. they asked why did i want it. i said my station i use daily has the terminal and that it will make it faster for me . they said no problem its on the way. op seems to think it will be normal emv. i have no problem with op. so as i stated earlier. i will post the results monday. then we will know.

Message 61 of 147
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

I just tried to chat for a replacement on my zync, I had the tap to pay card from 2010-2014 and loved it at 711 and mcdonalds all the time, but when my card expired they sent me a chip card, which most merchants have terminals for, but always tell me it doesn't work.

Anyways the CSR in chat said it wasn't available and they would notify me by email. . Umm ok.. maybe I asked for the wrong thing but all he offered was another chip/sig card and I declined.
Message 62 of 147
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
I just tried to chat for a replacement on my zync, I had the tap to pay card from 2010-2014 and loved it at 711 and mcdonalds all the time, but when my card expired they sent me a chip card, which most merchants have terminals for, but always tell me it doesn't work.

Anyways the CSR in chat said it wasn't available and they would notify me by email. . Umm ok.. maybe I asked for the wrong thing but all he offered was another chip/sig card and I declined.

Just as an note 7-11 is going to block NFC payments so don't think you will able to do that anymore.  

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 63 of 147
taxi818
Super Contributor

Really. They're gonna block it? Wth. Well circle k has it. As the clerk thought my amex could do it. That's how I heard of it.  Why are people blocking. I just don't know. 

Message 64 of 147
nyancat
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Really. They're gonna block it? Wth. Well circle k has it. As the clerk thought my amex could do it. That's how I heard of it.  Why are people blocking. I just don't know. 

Disabling contactless MIGHT be a condition of membership in this organisation: http://www.mcx.com/

The only exception is Meijer, which is also an Apple Pay partner, so no one knows what's going on there. CVS and Rite Aid just disabled contactless, and it's presumed due to their membership in MCX. MCX is an anti-consumer organisation focussed on creating a mobile wallet designed to directly access consumers' bank account and bypass the protections offered by credit cards, as well as give merchants additional tracking data.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 65 of 147
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Disabling contactless MIGHT be a condition of membership in this organisation: http://www.mcx.com/

The only exception is Meijer, which is also an Apple Pay partner, so no one knows what's going on there. CVS and Rite Aid just disabled contactless, and it's presumed due to their membership in MCX. MCX is an anti-consumer organisation focussed on creating a mobile wallet designed to directly access consumers' bank account and bypass the protections offered by credit cards, as well as give merchants additional tracking data.

From what i have read they are going to do it via scanning qr codes which is pretty meh to me. They are also trying to avoid the middle man , which is the CC and their swipe fees. The thing is how much should or would you trust retailers. They have been hacked quite easily. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 66 of 147
nyancat
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

From what i have read they are going to do it via scanning qr codes which is pretty meh to me. They are also trying to avoid the middle man , which is the CC and their swipe fees. The thing is how much should or would you trust retailers. They have been hacked quite easily. 

Not only the hack risk, but who do you think an organisation of retailers is going to side with in the event of a dispute with one of their member retailers? MCX is bad for everyone.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 67 of 147
Brax
Frequent Contributor

The convenience of using your phone might be ok for a $2 cup of coffee or other small value transactions.

Message 68 of 147
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Chatted again this AM and have the chip/sig + contactless coming my way..
Message 69 of 147
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Question. I was chatting yesterday with a CSR on online chat, and when I first asked about contacless opton, they indicated it was available. I asked about some compatible issues with foreign transactions and then asked him to see if my BCE had said option, they then directed me to call 800 number and ask to speak with a specific department. I have yet to call, but wondering why the CSR did not handle via chat.
Message 70 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.