Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dubai burj al arab hotel card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dubai burj al arab hotel card?

@enharu wrote:
Amex FHR is limited to platinum and centurion card members only, if I remember correctly.

And as for OP, it's really not that hard to use google. If that hotel isn't part of any chain, you are better off with a general travel card that has no forex fees.

I'd read something about FHR for PRG. I'll check again.

Message 11 of 18
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I visit Dubai once a year and stay at the Burj Al Arab.  Sometimes also the atlantis.

My question is what card will give me the best rewards for staying at these hotels?

That is awesome! If you dont mind me asking whats the nightly rate at that hotel? USD.

Paid about $1200 per night for the panoramic suite in the burj al arab.  The atlantis hotel was about $400-$450 I cant rememeber.

Message 12 of 18
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@enharu wrote:
Amex FHR is limited to platinum and centurion card members only, if I remember correctly.

And as for OP, it's really not that hard to use google. If that hotel isn't part of any chain, you are better off with a general travel card that has no forex fees.

I'd read something about FHR for PRG. I'll check again.

What is Amex FHR?   Looks promising

Message 13 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Fine hotels and resorts. You get late check out, dining credit, early check in, possible room upgrade and sometimes other discounts and perks. Usually virtuoso agents are able to get you the same benefits as Amex FHR but you have to pay them a fee.

Depending on which rewards program you value most, just use either sapphire preferred, Citi prestige or premier, or Amex premier gold. Or if you want travel cash back, use venture or arrival.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoshNurse wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I visit Dubai once a year and stay at the Burj Al Arab.  Sometimes also the atlantis.

My question is what card will give me the best rewards for staying at these hotels?

That is awesome! If you dont mind me asking whats the nightly rate at that hotel? USD.

Paid about $1200 per night for the panoramic suite in the burj al arab.  The atlantis hotel was about $400-$450 I cant rememeber.

To each his own, but If I ever paid $1,200/night for a dang room i'm gonna SLEEP in!

Well....I wouldn't be doing much sleeping!

Now that's not to say I haven't stayed in some swanky-type places before. Mirage penthouse comes to mind. $1,400 to stay in a 2BR penthouse (1,800 SQft) for an entire week (8 days actually, Sunday to Monday), Of course the rest of the tab was taken care of by my MGM host. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not trying to be snarky but it seems to me that you are asking others to do research for you.  Why can't you make some calls and find out.  It's not like you're asking about hotels that are visited daily.

I was just thinking to myself, scrolled down and there it was! Haha, I think it is just how the OP stated the plea for help. It made it seem like "I need one of your guys to go and find this answer for me". Pretty funny. OP, I do think that the AMEX is your best bet. Unless you can find a way to get a card open in a foreign country without a credit history there. If you figure this out, please let me know. I bet they give huge CLs in Dubai and Michigan State University has a campus there, so I want to visit anyway.

Message 16 of 18
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

http://bit.ly/1tUsRFY

Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

Also, careful how you elaborate your requests. Sounds like you're asking us to be your personal assistant. Only Mr Buffett has that privilege Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 18
rlx01
Established Contributor

LMGTFY leads back to here... Smiley Happy infinite loop.

As I said, FHR (or Virtuoso, whatever) is your best bet here.

If you get a 2nd/3rd/4th night free, you're looking at possibly thousands of $ in savings. Which blows any cash back card out of the water.

Makes no sense to put this spend on a PRG since hotels in other countries bill in... Other currencies.

2.7% FTF negates 3x points earned.

The Burj is fine and definitely an experience. There are better hotels for better value in the area.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.