Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck Card Closed!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Duck Card Closed!

This is what ticks me off about this......

Closing cards a yr down the road??? Cmon! **bleep** does that?! I can see closing cards out a few weeks after approval max, but THIS FAR OUT???? Im SOOO glad I declined for this card, LMAO!!! Sorry CA...That really sucks!
Message 11 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
This is what ticks me off about this......

Closing cards a yr down the road??? Cmon! **bleep** does that?! I can see closing cards out a few weeks after approval max, but THIS FAR OUT???? Im SOOO glad I declined for this card, LMAO!!! Sorry CA...That really sucks!

we never used it and they stopped allowing BT's on it so it was a worthless card for us besides the $15k line

Message 12 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Says they are constantly monitoring risk and they decided after a recent review that the account "no longer fits within our risk parameters"

BS BS BS

oh well

Argggg! I already closed mine before this and today i got the same letter full of crap.

I wouldn't be surprised now that they change my CRA reports to show "cloed by creditor" those dogs. I'll have to check my reports but i 'll lay money on they'll use this letter to justify their categorizing the info on my reports to show that THEY closed it when in reality i already placed my closed request before the date of this letter by about 2 weeks.

Message 13 of 26
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Yup, there's another thread on this floating around. Thankfully, I closed mine a few days ago and just learned yesterday about folks getting notices and being closed altogether. Mine was still active and used it a few days back before I closed it.

Oh well, it seems it was a matter of time before they started doing this to right-size their portfolio. No loss on my end :-P

Very curous what was your thought process on deciding to use it and then close it. It's usually one or the other.

Sorry about the closure, CA. 

Message 14 of 26
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

yep, they got me too, just used the card once and SD it. im happy i got my $50 already. Smiley Very Happy they got me too  

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 15 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It really sounds like they're shutting everyone down outside of their Oregon footprint. Last year some people who never used theirs were able to get the entire history removed from their CR. I wasn't so fortunate.
Message 16 of 26
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
It really sounds like they're shutting everyone down outside of their Oregon footprint. Last year some people who never used theirs were able to get the entire history removed from theirCR. I wasn't so fortunate.

Duck Card is still active for me ... I'm not eligible according to their current criteria.  

Message 17 of 26
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
It really sounds like they're shutting everyone down outside of their Oregon footprint. Last year some people who never used theirs were able to get the entire history removed from theirCR. I wasn't so fortunate.

Duck Card is still active for me ... I'm not eligible according to their current criteria.  

Spoke too soon ... Duck Card closed!

OCCU is supposed to call me back with details, I won't hold my breath on that.  Not sure if I have a letter in the mail yet, as my home address isn't my mailing address.

Message 18 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
It really sounds like they're shutting everyone down outside of their Oregon footprint. Last year some people who never used theirs were able to get the entire history removed fromtheirCR. I wasn't so fortunate.

Spoke too soon ... Duck Card closed!

OCCU is supposed to call me back with details, I won't hold my breath on that.  Not sure if I have a letter in the mail yet, as my home address isn't my mailing address.

doh.  Bad business they are doing.. Can they tarnish their name anymore?  Bet it is the oregon footprint, but still this is awful way of doing business for people with very very good credit that have been hit by this that made it past the first round of closures a year+ ago.. I Can understand if someone hasn't been using the card at all or CLD them to an amount this CU can afford to lend out, but how they are doing this is distasteful

Message 19 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

This OCCU disaster is a great example of not jumping on bandwagons. Especially when it's a smaller financial institution. So glad I dodged this bullet. It sure was exciting when they were handing out $20k lines like candy. Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.