Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck Card = can't garden

tag
jwright343
New Contributor

Duck Card = can't garden

Well after not using my Duck card for a whopping 3 months, they have closed it stating that i 'no longer fit withing their risk parameters'.  I was thinking of applying for a Chase card but after seeing their 30 million fine for selling closed accts, I think I'll steer clear from them as well.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Duck Card = can't garden

Message 2 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

Honestly even if you had used it yesterday. it was coming. they have been whacking everyone lately. regardless of limit. with the same excuse. even people with 800 scores getting the Ax. so no surprise. it is not anything against you. they just bit off more than they could chew.

Message 3 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

That's the problem with jumping on the bandwagons. There is always a catch.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loss of a credit line results in necessity to apply? Please explain this phenomenon.

Message 5 of 7
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Not as uncommon as some might think. Still frustrating regardless.... but not uncommon.

Message 6 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Loss of a credit line results in necessity to apply? Please explain this phenomenon.

Awhile back everyone and their mother was applying for the Duck card because somehow, a loophole allowed almost anybody to get in despite the origins in Oregon.  Evidently, they got spooked from too many applicants and the closures began.

Anything that seems too good to be true probably is. For example, I have a strong feeling that although Cap One won't slash limits for existing Ventures they will almost definitely lower starting limits very soon. Doubt they will give out $20k limits forever on it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.