Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck Card

tag
Maddog_
Contributor

Re: Duck Card

This is not a 'small' credit union.  They have over $949 million in assets.  That's larger than your average bear.  I think they have gotten themselves into a legal pickle by issuing these cards and then subsequently - "uh-oh" - shouldn't have done that !  Now, if they pull the credit lines they can be sued for false promises or at the very least sued for gross neglect.  In either case, I'll bet there are members here that will prosecute/pursue to the fullest.

Message 21 of 28
john398
Senior Contributor

@sagehet wrote:
Jugg:

Nobody is reporting their cards are on. In another forum someone said they called occu and were bounced from department to department. Another person said here they sent a Facebook post that got deleted but no response. Others have posted saying messages sent from the duck site came back with a thing saying they can't help at this time.

Imagine if someone went away on vacation with this card as their primary? Can't even get someone from the credit union to pick up a phone while you're stuck on the side of the road!!!!

Has anyone that had theirs turned on gotten an explanation or a letter?

Hopefully they would of had backup cards....but yeah bad customer service

Message 22 of 28
blondy250
Established Contributor

There's something called terms and conditions, any bank CC company, credit union etc can close your account without reason. There are also arbitration clauses (terms and conditions) that EVERY single bank, CC company, credit union had you sign, that prevents you from what you consider suing.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 23 of 28
blondy250
Established Contributor

Also that $949 million dollar in assets you found using google, makes it one of the smaller credit unions, with the smallest membership.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 24 of 28
pembrokepride
Contributor

Would it be a stretch to say they got in over their heads LOL some people there should lose their jobs for issuing cards with huge limits like candy.

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 25 of 28
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

blondy250 wrote:

Sort of figured this was going to happen after seeing the people here with toy limits,  getting cards with 5x or 10x higher  limits then there next highest card. This was a small credit union card that just closed a loop hole, it was never meant to be a card available to the general public.

Maddog_ wrote:

This is not a 'small' credit union.  They have over $949 million in assets.  That's larger than your average bear.  I think they have gotten themselves into a legal pickle by issuing these cards and then subsequently - "uh-oh" - shouldn't have done that !  Now, if they pull the credit lines they can be sued for false promises or at the very least sued for gross neglect.  In either case, I'll bet there are members here that will prosecute/pursue to the fullest.

By comparison... my BECU is 10 times the size of OCCU. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BECU I would have to agree that they went in way over their heads...  I remember reading the Duck and Beaver craze on these forums late last year and was wondering why it had died down... and now I know.  LOL

Message 26 of 28
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Is this "being approved for Oregon residents only" a new thing?   Any Duck Card holders in different states?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 27 of 28
Ron1
Super Contributor

It is nothing to do with the assets. They wanted to dom minimize the risk of the loss. We're flooding to apply for the card.

Ron.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.